Cobblestone Brick Burley Plug

sisyphus
Person of Interest

obviously this is right up our alley. Anyone try this one yet?
https://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by ... _id=421978
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I have not, but it sounds tasty...I've stopped looking at new things to try. I'm set in my ways...I still can't come to terms that Grousemoor became popular and I can't find it anywhere.
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I havent either . Theres two producers making the cobblestone stuff , sutliff and someone over seas , I forget which . Its possible its one of the many sutliff cubes ? Sutliff has a number of cubes and I only see them at tobaccopipes.com . Some are quite raw , which is neat and others are more refined . Id like to try this one no doubt . Good catch , man
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

alright I ordered a tin and I'll weigh in on it after a few bowls
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:01 pm I have not, but it sounds tasty...I've stopped looking at new things to try. I'm set in my ways...I still can't come to terms that Grousemoor became popular and I can't find it anywhere.
Me too, on all counts. I'm just about to the point that if I ever smoke all the jarred up Cube Cut, LNF, Rimboche SJ, et al. before I croak, my only brand is gonna be Smokers Pride Black Cavendish. I probably just doomed it.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

I'll keep an eye on this thread. Sounds like a nice new blend to try.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I don't like the tin art. I'm interested in learning what the innards are like.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:25 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:01 pm I have not, but it sounds tasty...I've stopped looking at new things to try. I'm set in my ways...I still can't come to terms that Grousemoor became popular and I can't find it anywhere.
Me too, on all counts. I'm just about to the point that if I ever smoke all the jarred up Cube Cut, LNF, Rimboche SJ, et al. before I croak, my only brand is gonna be Smokers Pride Black Cavendish. I probably just doomed it.
There is just far too much stuff out there to wrap my head around. I'm not looking for wide variety anymore or to fill up my tasting notes journal, just a good tastin' pipe and I found that with my few go to's.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:34 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:25 pm
There is just far too much stuff out there to wrap my head around. I'm not looking for wide variety anymore or to fill up my tasting notes journal, just a good tastin' pipe and I found that with my few go to's.
I have been thinking about this a lot recently because I so dislike change. I am so wholly satisfied that I am happy to just let the chips fall where they may every day. I am content with my routine. The key to happiness is no expectations. Chasing the perfect anything is a pipe dream because once the experience is over, it's over. You will never get it back again. I take every bowl, like I do every day, as it comes. They're all good.

I've got my brylon pipes and I have my cobs and I have my old workhorse briar pipes and I have my clays. I have abused all these pipes for years and I know they are good smokers. I am happy with Super-Value and I have two pounds on hand thanks to someone who sent it to me---it was kind of a trade that is too complicated to get into here. I got it totally above board.

I am happy to read reviews of different blends, especially here on PSF instead of on any other site, because I trust the sources, but, like you, I am getting very set in my ways, like a codger. Go figure. I am satisfied with what I know and I don't think much about what I don't know. What I don't know is too much information for me to wrap my head around.

I might buy a tin if Sis likes it and it crosses my shopping cart, but I've got enough Super-Value to last me awhile before I have to start thinking about buying more pipe tobacco. I have a very shallow cellar.

Apologies for being so philosophical all of a sudden but at least this post doesn't read like a Norm MacDonald story the way most of my recent longer posts have been.

I used to tape cigar bands in a journal and make notes. How many of those notebooks do I need? Turns out not many because I threw them away as taking up space. I never looked at them after they were filled.

Cobblestone Brick Burley Plug. I have never heard of this brand and I would never buy it because I don't like the tin art or the blurb on the cover. That said, I have an open mind and I am looking forward to learning more. Maybe it's the best thing since SWRA. That's Sis's job to find out. Our man on the Cobblestone beat.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

I just love good Burley blends and there's always room for one more. If it's another mediocre concoction it's just the price of a tin to find out.