I took the first step today ...

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Some time ago I promised myself Id write a " history " of John Middleton tobacco products and general history . Anyone that knows me knows how much I love them and how long Ive enjoyed them . Tonight I got on their Altria homepage and contacted them with a request for their history via email or for me to interview in person . I dont know if anyone will respond or take my inquiry seriously but I hope they do

So , I took the first step tonight .. and if anything actually starts , it will be my first bucket list item to hopefully check off one day relatively soon

I surely want to do it before there isnt anyone left who either knows its history or cares ... if there even is anyone . Hopefully Im not too late

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

This is great. Their support staff seems pretty responsive, the last time I contacted them at least. Hopefully there is actually someone at Altria who values history enough to know this stuff, and you can find them. You'd think they would, given how wildly popular Black & Mild is.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Awesome!
You took the first step. Now keep going!!
It's going to be great!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wildcat wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:39 pm Awesome!
It's going to be great!
Honestly , Id love to interview someone . It would give me an excuse to go to Richmond Virginia , which Ive never been to ... or , with any luck , Philly
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Houtenziel wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:18 pm This is great. Their support staff seems pretty responsive, the last time I contacted them at least. Hopefully there is actually someone at Altria who values history enough to know this stuff, and you can find them. You'd think they would, given how wildly popular Black & Mild is.
We'll see if anything happens .

Hopefully they wont ask me for any specific credentials , lol , cause I aint got none
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:41 pm
It's going to be great!
Honestly , Id love to interview someone . It would give me an excuse to go to Richmond Virginia , which Ive never been to ... or , with any luck , Philly
How cool would it be to see Walnut Street today and some archival pics or drawings from the original shop!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wildcat wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:50 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:41 pm
It's going to be great!
How cool would it be to see Walnut Street today and some archival pics or drawings from the original shop!
Yeah , in my mind its always been a " Philly Trip " / I havent been to Philly in many a year . Id love a look at whatever it is they have , which I'm sure is something

The current John S Middleton , of the Middletons tobacco , is an owner of the Phillies ... I bet that guy has a treasure trove of Middleton stuff . Id love to pay him a visit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_S._Middleton
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

This may call for some Gonzo sh*t.
I'll meet you at the border of VA with a rental and a trunk full of booze and aged tobaccos.

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Dr Uhaha wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:00 pm This may call for some Gonzo sh*t.
I'll meet you at the border of VA with a rental and a trunk full of booze and aged tobaccos.

Thats the spirit , man !!

Id love to meet Mr. John S Middleton .. Im just not in his circle of people . But ya never know , we could hit it off .. at least we have a love for Middletons products . I think I'll contact his " people " tomorrow . Really , I bet he's the key to the family history .. or someone hes close with
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I giot this back , which is a good sign :) "

Thank you for contacting Altria. This is an automated message to confirm receipt of your e-mail. Our staff is available to respond to your messages during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We value your questions, comments and suggestions and will make every effort to send a reply via e-mail within five business days. However, some questions may require additional research or use of company resources and may take longer to respond.

Sincerely,
Altria Group, Inc.