Empty wallets , tackle, and a quiver full of arrows

Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

Morning gents. Late July into August is always an exciting time for the outdoorsman. With bow season right around the corner , and fishing in full swing. Wanted to see what you fellas were doing as far as on the water and prepping up for the woods. I'm way behind this year due to big changes in my career and trying to take care of other things. Gonna be going fishing for the first time this season with my dad tomarrow, and I haven't broken out my recurve bow to practice with It since March. Both are things I'm looking forward to doing while I'm off this week on staycation. Let's see your catch of the day, and the groups you've been shootin.
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I shoot food not groups. I hunt birds so my time comes in November.
ImageImageImageImage
The Troll Whisperer
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:50 am I shoot food not groups. I hunt birds so my time comes in November.
ImageImageImageImage
HELL YEAH! very nice pictures! I wish there was a better bird hunting scene out where im at, however the only bird hunting out here that seems to be going on is duck and geese.
Del Gue
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Big Iron wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:28 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:50 am I shoot food not groups. I hunt birds so my time comes in November.
ImageImageImageImage
HELL YEAH! very nice pictures! I wish there was a better bird hunting scene out where im at, however the only bird hunting out here that seems to be going on is duck and geese.
I hunt them birds too, duck is delicious and most people I know don't really hunt geese to eat just for management but you'd be surprised how good they taste if you know how to cook them, just like beef.
The Troll Whisperer
Riff89

ImageImageImageImage

We do a lot of trout fishing in our family. We keep enough to have a few meals of trout every season but most of the fish we catch are released unharmed. Here’s a few pictures of my boys recent catches. The Native brookies are my favorite fish both for the table and because they are (in my opinion) the most beautiful freshwater fish the good lord ever created. I smoked a bunch of them last week and they were fantastic they tasted similar to ham.
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

Riff89 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:23 pm ImageImageImageImage

We do a lot of trout fishing in our family. We keep enough to have a few meals of trout every season but most of the fish we catch are released unharmed. Here’s a few pictures of my boys recent catches. The Native brookies are my favorite fish both for the table and because they are (in my opinion) the most beautiful freshwater fish the good lord ever created. I smoked a bunch of them last week and they were fantastic they tasted similar to ham.
VERY NICE! What's your rigs looking like? are yall using a traditional fly rod set up to catch them? Or doing ultralight spin cast fishing?
Del Gue
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Owens River last week.

ever forward
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

murderers .. the lot of yas ........... lol !!

I havent hunted or fished for some time . My property has plenty of game and I leave them alone .. until I dont . Back when the first PSF popped up , I was in full hunting mode . Kept up on my shooting during off deer season by going out and harvesting the squirrels that barked my presence during the previous deer season [ the bastids ]

I have deer , turkey , rabbit , squirrel , coyote , fox and the very occasional black bear at my place . I have a processor about a half mile from the top of my drive way and this season I may drop a doe on doe day and have it processed into hamburger [ added fat or sausage ] . Those burgers are really killer . The last few years Ive been so busy or tired or both . Ive been working solid . We'll see how it goes in a few months . I may open the living room window and drop a deer in the lower little meadow .. stranger shit has happened :)
I enjoyed hunting the Cohutta Wilderness , Rich Mountain WMA , various federal lands and Big Frog in Tennessee [ they have hog there ] . I hunted private land in Fannin County and Gilmer county and that was always enjoyable . Im in pretty good shape this year and would be able to pull it off if I were to take on the Cohuttas and the like . These mountains pretty much demand that youre in good enough shape , especially if youre a stalker hunter , which is what I do . If Im not in good enough shape , I wont bother
Id like to post pictures if I end up hunting this season and I look forward to youz guys photos
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Riff89

Big Iron wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:08 pm
Riff89 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:23 pm ImageImageImageImage

VERY NICE! What's your rigs looking like? are yall using a traditional fly rod set up to catch them? Or doing ultralight spin cast fishing?
We do both. I’m running a TFO pro2 9’ 5wt with a cheeky reel for my bigger river/ pond fishing, a 8’ 4wt fenwick with an old Martin click pawl for the small stream stuff and a 4’8” ugly stick with a pflueger presidential for my reel. My youngest son just got his very own fly rod for his birthday that is actually really sweet for brook fishing it’s a 6’ 1wt.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

They canceled the black bear season this year. I was looking forward to that test. North West Jersey has a black bear problem, they are over taking small towns but the Activists refuse to want to do anything about it. They rather have their families, domestic pets and property be put in harms way then manage the situation correctly, maybe next year. It's okay tho to shoot a Coyote anytime anywhere..don't get it.
The Troll Whisperer