What Are You Smoking August 2021

Ronv69
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:04 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:13 pm Man , I dont know about you guys but my monster Checker billiard is a freaking Gem !! So , I took a flight to miami to rent a uhaul to bring some stuff from Jennifers mothers place home . Her mother passed a little over a month ago . She was 96 and if everyone had her life , no one could complain .. Im serious . Anyway , I brought 4 pipes and came back with 5 .. my old man lives down there and he had a grabow that I gave him years ago and gave it back because he quit smoking .. what a freaking loser .. no one like a quitter . I digress . So , with 5 pipes from friday until this evening .. I only smoked the checker . I drove back , which equates to many a bowl , and I had 3 blends .............

Half and Half
A blend I mixed together [ Lane bca , MCB match and a touch of 7 seas red ]
Mac Baren Symphony

It smoked each perfectly . I so love this pipe

Btw , we have tornados and a shit storm here , That ida tip is red on the radar and just took a tree down which took out power to my barn
We just had a crazy storm here and seven people were struck by lightning on the beach close by.. :shock:
Glad you're not still on Jersey Shore!
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Wilke Pipemakers Choice in a Ascorti stack. Iced tea on the side.
God and Texas!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ronv69 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:43 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:13 pm Man , I dont know about you guys but my monster Checker billiard is a freaking Gem !! So , I took a flight to miami to rent a uhaul to bring some stuff from Jennifers mothers place home . Her mother passed a little over a month ago . She was 96 and if everyone had her life , no one could complain .. Im serious . Anyway , I brought 4 pipes and came back with 5 .. my old man lives down there and he had a grabow that I gave him years ago and gave it back because he quit smoking .. what a freaking loser .. no one like a quitter . I digress . So , with 5 pipes from friday until this evening .. I only smoked the checker . I drove back , which equates to many a bowl , and I had 3 blends .............

Half and Half
A blend I mixed together [ Lane bca , MCB match and a touch of 7 seas red ]
Mac Baren Symphony

It smoked each perfectly . I so love this pipe

Btw , we have tornados and a shit storm here , That ida tip is red on the radar and just took a tree down which took out power to my barn
We just had a crazy storm here and seven people were struck by lightning on the beach close by.. :shock:
Smh.
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:31 pm Running in my new Hackert Poker with KCCB and drinking a NesCafé.
Continental ..................... you bastid :D
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Silver
Certified Codger

rekamepip wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:50 pm
Silver wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:31 pm
rekamepip wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:10 pm

Your cob pipes are looking good
Makes me want to break out the corn pipe(s) I bought last winter and start in on my modification projects I have planned
But it is so dang hot out in garage right now 😕
They'll be waiting for you when the weather cools. Have fun with them. Looking forward to seeing your pipes when they're done.
Hot weather couldn’t hold me back
Did a quick modification
a MM Marcus bowl polished with carnuba
refitted with a standard legend shank and fancy lucite bit
Filled with my 4 burley blend
Ready for service

Very sharp!
Ronv69
Founding Member

:awesome:
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:54 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:43 pm
Smh.
It's OK, Guido.
God and Texas!
Silver
Certified Codger

Son came over for dinner today. He brought along some Gawith Hoggarth DVC. I tried a bowl of it before we got dinner going, After dinner, son and I had another smoke before he headed home. Mine was Haunted Bookshop in the Monday cob. Now, I'm smoking C&D Night Train in the same.

Middle Earth

"We just had a crazy storm here and seven people were struck by lightning on the beach close by.. :shock:"

Did anyone die ?????
Ronv69
Founding Member

Middle Earth wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:58 pm "We just had a crazy storm here and seven people were struck by lightning on the beach close by.. :shock:"

Did anyone die ?????
I forgot to ask about that. 😮🙁
God and Texas!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Middle Earth wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:58 pm "We just had a crazy storm here and seven people were struck by lightning on the beach close by.. :shock:"

Did anyone die ?????
A life guard!
https://abc7ny.com/seaside-park-lightni ... /10988266/
The Troll Whisperer