Why can't I find the search bar?

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Okay, I've decided to go to PSF classic but I can't find where that is. Can somebody give me instructions?

I love the modern white PSF format, but, as any pipe smoker knows, the old ways are best. What took me so long to get my head on straight and get back to basics?

I just can't figure out how to do it. I'm like your great-great-grandfather Theobald on the computer.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
ironclad

User Control Panel --> Board Preferences

That'll get you there. Then about half way down you can change from PSF Modern to PSF Classic.
Mischief managed.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

ironclad wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:17 pm User Control Panel --> Board Preferences

That'll get you there. Then about half way down you can change from PSF Modern to PSF Classic.
I found it. Thank you.

Oh, my. Flashback.

Can anyone tell me what mChat is? I noticed it recently while searching for the search bar and it doesn't seem like something I should be interested in. What is it and does anyone use it?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Citizen B wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:25 pm
Can anyone tell me what mChat is? I noticed it recently while searching for the search bar and it doesn't seem like something I should be interested in. What is it and does anyone use it?
mchat is the realtime chatroom at the bottom of the homepage
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

sisyphus wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:53 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:25 pm
mchat is the realtime chatroom at the bottom of the homepage
Thank you for clarifying.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

@Citizen B also on every page of every thread there is a search entry field on upper left of the content, but it's just for searching that thread
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:38 pm It’s always been here on my devices

I forgot about two forum skins... the classic look and the other look
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
sisyphus
Person of Interest

yeah the default theme doesn't have a navbar search, and the third party extension I can use to give us one is kind of crude
Tsal
Forum Decorum

An Argentine Champion Polo Pony.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I've already switched back to the "modern" "daytime" version. There's a reason we use black ink on white paper when we want something legible.

I think I wanted to search for the comic book thread but by now I have forgotten why I wanted to go there in the first place. The search bar is somewhere in the middle of the longest dropdown menu. If I remember that much I'll be okay.

No offense to its aficionados but that classic template was giving me a headache. Unless it's in a Moose Lodge, I have seen enough faux wood paneling to last me the rest of my life. YYMV. That's really only because of a personal history with it.

I'm glad all this search bar information is here in case someone needs it in the future. Search bar questions now have a home.

Thank you.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.