Esoterica Stonehaven

sisyphus
Person of Interest

I was lucky and put up three pounds of this stuff back in 2011-2012. More than that I think, but I sold some a few years ago. I have three now.

This is an excellent VaBur with a lovely raisin-like topping. Strength is medium.

It's unobtanium and no single tobacco creates the feeding frenzy this one does.

I'm happy to have my three pounds, but it's all I'll ever need. It's just not a top 10 for me. I guess for me I like this sort of tobacco to have more kick, and I have Stirling Flake, 1792 and GH Dark Flake to fill that role, all which I think are better than Stonehaven.

I suppose if you were nicotine shy this would be the one for you, as it wouldn't make you sick the way those others might.

If people knew just how close Peterson 3P is to this, you'd never see a tin of 3P ever again, so let's keep that between us. Honestly I think I prefer 3P.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

sisyphus wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:33 pm I was lucky and put up three pounds of this stuff back in 2011-2012. More than that I think, but I sold some a few years ago. I have three now.

This is an excellent VaBur with a lovely raisin-like topping. Strength is medium.

I'm happy to have my three pounds, but it's all I'll ever need. It's just not a top 10 for me. I guess for me I like this sort of tobacco to have more kick, and I have Stirling Flake, 1792 and GH Dark Flake to fill that role, all which I think are better than Stonehaven.

I suppose if you were nicotine shy this would be the one for you, as it wouldn't make you sick the way those others might.

If people knew just how close Peterson 3P is to this, you'd never see a tin of 3P ever again, so let's keep that between us. Honestly I think I prefer 3P.
I like it too. I really enjoyed the reaction on 1.0 when I had my original Brylon Challenge. @Bruyere_Royale had sent me a bag of Stonehaven and I used it in the Challenge...in other words, I smoked Stonehaven in a YB brylon. Folks couldn't believe I had any in the first place and then that I was smoking it in that pipe. lol
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Riff89

Great stuff mikeinmaine from 1.0 sent me some I liked it a lot but I never did score any after that and chasing things isn’t my style. I always look at B&Ms but I’m happy to smoke other tobaccos that are easier to find.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:25 pm
sisyphus wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:33 pm I was lucky and put up three pounds of this stuff back in 2011-2012. More than that I think, but I sold some a few years ago. I have three now.

I like it too. I really enjoyed the reaction on 1.0 when I had my original Brylon Challenge. @Bruyere_Royale had sent me a bag of Stonehaven and I used it in the Challenge...in other words, I smoked Stonehaven in a YB brylon. Folks couldn't believe I had any in the first place and then that I was smoking it in that pipe. lol
I like to switch it up and smoke cheap crap in expensive pipes too. Smoking well aged/discontinued/unobtainable crap in cheap pipes is equally rewarding. If I could afford to I'd buy the most over the top obnoxiously overpriced Dunhill or whatever and beat on it, hard, really put it to use. Knock it out on curbs, never clean it, smoke only found tobacco, cigarette/cigar butts, dottle...
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:01 pm

I like to switch it up and smoke cheap crap in expensive pipes too. Smoking well aged/discontinued/unobtainable crap in cheap pipes is equally rewarding. If I could afford to I'd buy the most over the top obnoxiously overpriced Dunhill or whatever and beat on it, hard, really put it to use. Knock it out on curbs, never clean it, smoke only found tobacco, cigarette/cigar butts, dottle...
:lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ronv69
Founding Member

I can't even taste Stonehaven. Tastes like hot air to me. I really like 3P. I'm surprised that you find that they are similar. If I can find my jar of SH maybe I will compare them.
God and Texas!
sisyphus
Person of Interest

I get some pretty good smokes out of Stonehaven sometimes, but every bowl of 3P I smoke is good. My only gripe with 3P is that I wish it had more nicotine.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Did you burn through that bag yet? That had to have been 5-6 years ago.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:41 am

Did you burn through that bag yet? That had to have been 5-6 years ago.
I think it was 2014! Yes, it's long gone now.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Woodrow1953

It’s a beautiful tobacco isn’t it. I was lucky enough to grab 2 pounds in trade for some Rattray blends some years ago.
Stonehaven was the doorway for Blackwoods Flake which I enjoyed.

I know I’ll have no chance whatsoever of finding any more, so I tend to smoke it very, very sparingly.
With these rarest of rare tobaccos I never know how much to smoke per year.
I must work out my age, versus ounces algorithm.
Bill Wood
Melfort, Sk, Canada
Non profit web developer
Retired broadcaster

Stanwell / Brigham / Peterson