Esoterica Stonehaven

kschatey

I've never had Stovehaven. I had* a couple ounces of Peacehaven that I try from time as I love it's tin aroma, but I cannot seem to find much joy in it's flavor. That's not to say that it's bad by any means, just not something that I ever reach to smoke as there are so many other great blends to smoke instead! I cannot figure out why people fall over themselves with fists full of cash to get at this. What am I doing wrong?!

*I said "had" because I still have a bit left, but have actually sent out more of it in samples to people itching to try anything Esoterica than the amount of it that I have actually smoked myself!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ive never had any Esoterica and have no desire. Id try Stonehaven, if given the oppurtunity. But I don’t really chase unicorns. Since I like mostly C&D blends, they are readily available. No worries here for me. I heard GLP Quiet Nights is similar to Penzance.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:49 pm Ive never had any Esoterica and have no desire. Id try Stonehaven, if given the oppurtunity. But I don’t really chase unicorns. Since I like mostly C&D blends, they are readily available. No worries here for me. I heard GLP Quiet Nights is similar to Penzance.
Watch city ahab's comfort is kind of closer in the odd lightly sweet something that Penzance has.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
kschatey

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:49 pm Ive never had any Esoterica and have no desire. Id try Stonehaven, if given the oppurtunity. But I don’t really chase unicorns. Since I like mostly C&D blends, they are readily available. No worries here for me. I heard GLP Quiet Nights is similar to Penzance.
Well, just send over your address and I can drop a sample of a Peacehaven into the mail if you want to give it a try!
kschatey

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:54 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:49 pm I heard GLP Quiet Nights is similar to Penzance.
Watch city ahab's comfort is kind of closer in the odd lightly sweet something that Penzance has.
My neighbor got me started on the pipe. It turns out the first thing that he ever shared with me was Penzance. He had just wanted me to try something that he thought that I would like and he definitely nailed it. Damn good stuff. He didn't tell me what it was at the time not that it would have really meant as anything as I truly knew nothing about tobacco, brands, blends, etc. He had started the pipe while on deployment overseas when Esoterica was ridiculously easy to get, so not a big deal for him to share it. Got me hooked and now I'm a tobacco omnivore although I really love the Oriental, herbal, and floral types of blends. Tell you what though, Penzance is still a unique blend that I love. I haven't had anything like it, but that doesn't cause me to chase that unicorn or pay ridiculous sums of money for it and so I just enjoy it when I can when my neighbor shares.

I love Watch City blends, but haven't had any I'd their English blends for some reason. Guess I'll have to eventually seek out some Ahab's to try. For me, the uniqueness of Penzance is the incense-like flavor that it has. Other blends can have that general flavor, but the character in Penzance is just different somehow that's very difficult to explain.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

kschatey wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:38 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:54 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:49 pm I heard GLP Quiet Nights is similar to Penzance.
My neighbor got me started on the pipe. It turns out the first thing that he ever shared with me was Penzance. He had just wanted me to try something that he thought that I would like and he definitely nailed it. Damn good stuff. He didn't tell me what it was at the time not that it would have really meant as anything as I truly knew nothing about tobacco, brands, blends, etc. He had started the pipe while on deployment overseas when Esoterica was ridiculously easy to get, so not a big deal for him to share it. Got me hooked and now I'm a tobacco omnivore although I really love the Oriental, herbal, and floral types of blends. Tell you what though, Penzance is still a unique blend that I love. I haven't had anything like it, but that doesn't cause me to chase that unicorn or pay ridiculous sums of money for it and so I just enjoy it when I can when my neighbor shares.

I love Watch City blends, but haven't had any I'd their English blends for some reason. Guess I'll have to eventually seek out some Ahab's to try. For me, the uniqueness of Penzance is the incense-like flavor that it has. Other blends can have that general flavor, but the character in Penzance is just different somehow that's very difficult to explain.
Funny enough it was Neal Monier who got me started on Penzance and Stonehaven. He gave me samples when I bought pipes early on. I get what you're saying about the unique qualities of Penzance I just happened to have enough of it that I fell out of love
kschatey

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:27 pm I get what you're saying about the unique qualities of Penzance I just happened to have enough of it that I fell out of love
Yeah, it's a nice treat when I get to have it. Not sure when that will be again though!
Woodrow1953

Incidentally, what is Peterson 3P. Is the blend actually called 3P?
Bill Wood
Melfort, Sk, Canada
Non profit web developer
Retired broadcaster

Stanwell / Brigham / Peterson
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Woodrow1953 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:12 pm Incidentally, what is Peterson 3P. Is the blend actually called 3P?
Peterson perfect plug. I think it does actually say 3p on the tin
Jlando19

Woodrow1953 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:12 pm Incidentally, what is Peterson 3P. Is the blend actually called 3P?
Pipes and Cigars has it priced lowest currently.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.