O-HI-O

kschatey

Greetings from Southwest Ohio! I was introduced to the pipe smoking hobby nearly two years ago by a couple of neighbor friends and had a lot of fun exploring tobacco blends and expanding my pipe collection for about a year. Unfortunately, I then had to take a hiatus for about a year due to an unrelated health concern and have only piped up the pipe again a few weeks ago. I forgot how much I missed sitting on the front porch, reading a book, and smoking a pipe. It's good to be back!

I only get to smoke 3-4 days a week on average and only smoke a single bowl on those days. I'm pretty much a tobacco omnivore, but I typically seek out anything Oriental-forward. My favorite blends include Arango Balkan Supreme and Rattray's Red Rapparee. I prefer the prince shape when it comes to pipes and my go-to favorites are a pair of Savinelli 315KS pipes. I have found that the general shape and chamber dimensions works well for me for just about all types of tobacco blends, but I do have a clay pipe that I like for straight Virginias. I hadn't added any pipes to the collection or tobacco to the cellar for over a year, but I did manage to get some of the C&D Sun Bear Black Locust (June 2021) recently that I have really been enjoying.

I'm always excited to learn more and talk to others about the hobby. Thanks for reading, and hopefully we get to talk soon. Take care!
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Welcome to PSF!
The Troll Whisperer
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

sisyphus
Person of Interest

welcome!
Liberty cannot be purchased by a wish.
Thomas Paine
Puff nstuff

Welcome from a relatively new member in Southern California! You've joined a great forum!
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Ronv69
Founding Member

Welcome to PSF from NE Texas! 😁 🤠
God and Texas!
Silver
Certified Codger

Welcome from Michigan, neighbor!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

315 KS kick ass :thumbs: ,, welcome aboard
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Glad to have you!
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett