Size 80

ironclad

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:02 pm
ironclad wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:38 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:59 pm Ha ! I used to carry the Casa Blanca Jeraboam . I only got them in individual wooden boxes at the time . They were cool gifts . Casa Blanca is a mild cigar line and pretty damn good quality and price for what you get . The Jeraboam is really big . They have regular sizes like a Lonsdale etc

Depending on how dense the cigar is rolled .... that size 80 could smoke for hours and hours
We sold that cigar but most folks bought them as a joke. I only had one customer that smoked them on a regular basis.
I didnt have anyone i can recall smoke them regularly . Now , a Punch/Hoyo Rothchild .... everyone smoked them and I sold more of them than anything else . What was youre biggest seller ?
I guess that would depend on the year. We sold a lot of Hoyo/Punch and Fuente. When I started in '93, we sold a lot of Hoyo/Punch Rothchild MM to tobacco chewers. They'd slice off an inch or so of tobacco and chew it or they would just start gnawing on the cigar and go for the day or a couple of days even. By '96 we had a private label that sold like crazy--when we could get them.
Mischief managed.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Frank Llaneza was like Superman.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wildcrow
Founding Member

ironclad wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:33 pm

We sold that cigar but most folks bought them as a joke. I only had one customer that smoked them on a regular basis.
I didnt have anyone i can recall smoke them regularly . Now , a Punch/Hoyo Rothchild .... everyone smoked them and I sold more of them than anything else . What was youre biggest seller ?
I guess that would depend on the year. We sold a lot of Hoyo/Punch and Fuente. When I started in '93, we sold a lot of Hoyo/Punch Rothchild MM to tobacco chewers. They'd slice off an inch or so of tobacco and chew it or they would just start gnawing on the cigar and go for the day or a couple of days even. By '96 we had a private label that sold like crazy--when we could get them.
Ive often wondered why more folks didnt chew in fine cigars. My childhood neighbor chewed cigars and it always made sense to me. He enjoyed a cigar without ever lighting a single one. He was an avid anti smoker. He died of a heart attack riding his Harley. That exactly how i imagined hed go out. He left nothing behind as he enjoyed every dollar he ever made.
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

Shew that's a boss hog stogie. I wonder what the burn time on that would be. 3 to 4 hours?
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
ironclad

We also sold a bunch of AF 8-5-8 Mad to guys who chewed the cigars. But by time the cigar boom hit that all changed as they got expensive, rare, and the cause of a few skuffles.
Mischief managed.
ironclad

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:59 pm Ha ! I used to carry the Casa Blanca Jeraboam . I only got them in individual wooden boxes at the time . They were cool gifts . Casa Blanca is a mild cigar line and pretty damn good quality and price for what you get . The Jeraboam is really big . They have regular sizes like a Lonsdale etc

Depending on how dense the cigar is rolled .... that size 80 could smoke for hours and hours
After thinking on it a bit, before the boom we sold more Villazon than the others with Fuentes, Consolidated, and General all placing. You know, all the cigars that were great but now they aren't cool anymore. We used to sell maybe 10 boxes of Partagas Sobrosos a month in early '93 but by '96 we couldn't hardly give them away! And by 2006--well, nobody at the shop hardly remembered Partagas unless it was as a Cuban brand. Partagas did do that Partagas 150 in '96 (I believe) and people were seeking that but they weren't smoking them--just saving them to sell on down the road for a mark-up. Then FFOX came out and a lot of our customers become more collectors than smokers and something of pains-in-my-ass. (Sound familiar McClelland lovers?)

We also used to sell quite a bit of Te-Amo (the only all-maduro cigar in '93) and looking at how cigar smokers seemed to want stronger and stronger cigars, I was surprised when that one disappeared. Of course maduro got scarce there for a bit (especially quality Conn broadleaf) so I guess, upon reflection, I should have see that coming.
Mischief managed.