New Dr. Grabow Collection

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:50 am So I somehow hit the jackpot and got a hold of this beautiful old pharmacy display. All unsmoked. Dr. Grabow’s. I’m not sure about dating these, i’ll need to do some research. But now I can either smoke them or leave them unsmoked. I really don’t know what to do. I don’t buy collectables like this for this exact reason. These Grabows are stunning, compared to today’s. I’ll get up some more pictures soon.

ImageImageImageImage
What a sexy damn score !!!

Gets the Giada in Fishnets A+ rating
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Puff nstuff

I fall in with @Citizen B on this one. I would imagine you probably already have PLENTY of great pipes to smoke. But this - this is so unique, and you'll never find anything like it again, I would bet. It would be the centerpiece of my own personal pipe shrine if I had one. Someone might pay a lot for something like this, if you were inclined to part with it. But I would recommend sitting on it, unbesmirched by use, for awhile; you may find more clarity of thought on what to do with it in the future.

The grain and finish on the bent model are exceptional!
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Puff nstuff wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:38 pm I fall in with @Citizen B on this one. I would imagine you probably already have PLENTY of great pipes to smoke. But this - this is so unique, and you'll never find anything like it again, I would bet. It would be the centerpiece of my own personal pipe shrine if I had one. Someone might pay a lot for something like this, if you were inclined to part with it. But I would recommend sitting on it, unbesmirched by use, for awhile; you may find more clarity of thought on what to do with it in the future.

The grain and finish on the bent model are exceptional!
The top pipe in the first picture is a Golden Duke, not part of the original card. So...smoke them! :thumbs:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ill post pics of all the pipes tomorrow. These are some beauties. If Dr. Grabow still made pipes like these today they could easily go for double or triple current prices.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Its up to you of course. If you don't smoke them somebody will someday. Might as well be you. Just think of those strange lips slobbering on them while a pair of alligator jaws chew up those perfect stems. Smoke them and enjoy them while you can.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

First up:
ROYAL DUKE
DR. GRABOW
IMPORTED BRIAR

ImageImageImageImageImage
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Second:
ROYAL DUKE
DR. GRABOW