Never Loaning a gun again.

Riff89

So my brother in law and my sister moved back home from Texas a few years back and my BIL was telling me all about the coyotes that were prowling their lot. He asked what to do and I said shoot the damn things. He replied with well I don’t have a gun… should’ve been my first clue but me being me and assuming that a man around my age from my area would know alot about guns decided hey I’ve got a nice single shot 16 gauge that’ll work well for that. So I lend him my 16 gauge he had it for four or five years and I never really thought much about it until this pst weekend when I was bird hunting and remembered I had it. So I messaged him and asked for it back. He sent it home with my sister and I was saddened shocked and just downright pissed off when I saw it. It looks like he had dragged it behind a truck and then stored it under a pine tree for a few years. He’s offered to make it right and apologized but damn is their no humanity.
So anyway this has me looked for a new 16 gauge which if you haven’t looked for one is a MF to find these days.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Some of the Auto 5s are a bargain in 16 gauge because no one wants them any more. Check out the pawn shops because they will be ridiculous online.
God and Texas!
Riff89

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:17 pm Some of the Auto 5s are a bargain in 16 gauge because no one wants them any more. Check out the pawn shops because they will be ridiculous online.
Thanks. I’m on the hunt they are pretty popular with grouse hunters up here. Every time I ran into another bird hunter they always would say the same thing oh a 16 I always wanted one or oh a 16 I wish I hadn’t have sold mine lol. Mine wasn’t a high dollar Shotgun but damn it sucks. The guy at the gun store said he just ordered 3 new stevens 555s in 16 2 already are sold but he’s gonna hold on to the third so I can check it out.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Yeah... BIL dropped a real stinker here.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I have an old savage stevens single shot 16 ga . Its my " around the property " carry . Theres still shells for them but not anything like for the other ga that are more popular . Ron is right ... check pawn shops . I see them there at times and I will keep an eye out for you around here
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Neither a borrower nor a lender be. Give someone a gun, but never loan one.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Never EVER loan a gun to anybody whatsoever. If they appreciated guns they would have one. If not, they have no business with yours.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

CZ makes 16 guage sxs and o/u. Never loan anyone a gun because if something was to go wrong they come for you .
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcrow
Founding Member

@Riff89 , do you have the gun back? Does it shoot? If so, and if you are willing, birchwood casey makes a fantastic kit for refurbing the furniture and ive used it a few times with incredible success.

I agree with everyone here. Never loan a gun.
Riff89

Wildcrow wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:28 am @Riff89 , do you have the gun back? Does it shoot? If so, and if you are willing, birchwood casey makes a fantastic kit for refurbing the furniture and ive used it a few times with incredible success.

I agree with everyone here. Never loan a gun.
Yes I’ve got it back, haven’t shot it yet that’s this afternoon’s chore. I ended up finding a new buttstock on eBay for it the forearm Is still in pretty good shape so I will have the wood taken care of it’ll just be all the rust and pitting I have to deal with.