Never Loaning a gun again.

Riff89

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:02 pm
Riff89 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:49 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:04 pm

That's a beautiful gun! I ❤ SxS's
Thanks! I’m pretty happy with it. It’s nothing fancy just an old Stevens I’m guessing it was made in the sixties. It’s been refinished. So it will make a perfect woods gun. It’s my first Double I’ve had semis, Pumps, singles and even one bolt action shotgun but never a double. It’s going to take a bit to get used to and I’ll probably miss my fair share of birds but hey that’s half the fun right.
You're going to like it a lot... RST makes nice cartridges for older guns, don't shoot waterfowl loads in that, steel will destroy those barrels. I take it those are fixed bores?
Yes fixed bores right Barrel is improved cylinder left is just shy of full choke. We had to gauge them at the gun shop because it wasn’t stamped on the barrels. Its funny you mention not shooting steel I don’t waterfowl at all but I had three rounds of steel shot mixed in with my old box of federal premier I don’t have a clue where it came from.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Riff89 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:30 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:02 pm
Riff89 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:49 pm

Thanks! I’m pretty happy with it. It’s nothing fancy just an old Stevens I’m guessing it was made in the sixties. It’s been refinished. So it will make a perfect woods gun. It’s my first Double I’ve had semis, Pumps, singles and even one bolt action shotgun but never a double. It’s going to take a bit to get used to and I’ll probably miss my fair share of birds but hey that’s half the fun right.
You're going to like it a lot... RST makes nice cartridges for older guns, don't shoot waterfowl loads in that, steel will destroy those barrels. I take it those are fixed bores?
Yes fixed bores right Barrel is improved cylinder left is just shy of full choke. We had to gauge them at the gun shop because it wasn’t stamped on the barrels. Its funny you mention not shooting steel I don’t waterfowl at all but I had three rounds of steel shot mixed in with my old box of federal premier I don’t have a clue where it came from.
Maybe a friend of yours thought you might be able to use them..
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcrow
Founding Member

@Riff89 did you fix the gun?
Riff89

Wildcrow wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:46 pm @Riff89 did you fix the gun?
I have not yet. I plan on doing it this winter.