Clenching

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Citizen B wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:39 pm For clenching I use my molars, the hidden heroes of the mouth.
In all my reading, Wall Street Journal included, this is the most beautiful sentence I have read all day.

How do you good people put up with me?

A tip of my fedora to @Woodrow1953 for reviving this thread. :thumbs:
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I will remind you all of the warning Darkflake gave us.

“Shift your clench.” Peace
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:53 pm I will remind you all of the warning Darkflake gave us.

“Shift your clench.” Peace
Duly noted
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:48 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:39 pm For clenching I use my molars, the hidden heroes of the mouth.
In all my reading, Wall Street Journal included, this is the most beautiful sentence I have read all day.

How do you good people put up with me?

A tip of my fedora to @Woodrow1953 for reviving this thread. :thumbs:
You quote and comment on yourself. :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
cigrmaster
Member in Good Standing

All of my pipes are clenchers ranging from 40-60 grams. I have two large group 6's that I hold while smoking. I could clench them but my jaw would hurt too much.
Harris
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

cigrmaster wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:55 pm All of my pipes are clenchers ranging from 40-60 grams.
Do you have a scale or do you rely on the manufacturer's specifications?

I am asking because I think that an older pipe, one with a good layer of cake, would, conceivably weigh more than a pipe that is fresh from the factory. Then again, an old pipe earns a lot of scars and divots to reduce both its mass and volume, and, presumably, its weight---at least every old pipe here at Chez King is covered with chips and divots and burn marks and dents and general neglect.

I have no ideas how much any my pipes actually weigh. It has never occurred to me to measure. I only know how much my wife weighs because she tells me. I don't ask.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:09 pm
cigrmaster wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:55 pm All of my pipes are clenchers ranging from 40-60 grams.
Do you have a scale or do you rely on the manufacturer's specifications?

I am asking because I think that an older pipe, one with a good layer of cake, would, conceivably weigh more than a pipe that is fresh from the factory. Then again, an old pipe earns a lot of scars and divots to reduce both its mass and volume, and, presumably, its weight---at least every old pipe here at Chez King is covered with chips and divots and burn marks and dents and general neglect.

I have no ideas how much any my pipes actually weigh. It has never occurred to me to measure. I only know how much my wife weighs because she tells me. I don't ask.
The clenchers let me know who they are.

I like a pipe with scars. A story to tell, I imagine where and with who, they've been.

You're smart not to ask. I know this because I don't ask.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Lol my belge is 17 grams. All of my favorites are lightweight and I'm pondering selling off the heavier ones.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ok ... what is all of this grams crap . Its like back in the day when grass went from nickel , dime , half oz and oz .... and then the yuppies " grew up " to yuppies and started selling grams ..... just saying . Grams , for petes sake . Lets just brake a gallon into however many liters and start going with that .. grams .. good God

So , I paid $4.09 for my 3.78 liters of gas today

See , thats how my brain squirms when I here grams or milliliters , lol .... grams .. holy hell
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I don’t even have a concept of grams and how much that is. Don’t try to explain it because I don’t care! Anything I need to know the weight of is in ounces and pounds.

I feel better now. 😂
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!