Birth year and month comics

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronv69 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:50 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:38 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:52 am

Hey! @Ronv69 is ancienter! lol 😂
Lol ... were comics ever 5 cents :lol:
You could buy a lot for 5¢, and it wasn't made in China. The government has a to answer for.
My birth month Superman was 10¢.
That must have been a GIANT-SIZED 60-PAGE SPECTACULAR. Either that or an Annual. ;)
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:33 pm Man , I just found on ebay my birth year and month Adventure comic . Bidding on it and hope I get it

judging by the cover ... I was born in dark times :)

Psych !!! I won the ebay thing :D :awesome:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:43 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:33 pm Man , I just found on ebay my birth year and month Adventure comic . Bidding on it and hope I get it

You should listen to the Legion Clubhouse podcast. They read every issue and review it. They started with the first appearance and went issue by issue. They are in the late 1970s as of this writing. It's nice to listen to. It brings back memories.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:47 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:43 pm

You should listen to the Legion Clubhouse podcast. They read every issue and review it. They started with the first appearance and went issue by issue. They are in the late 1970s as of this writing. It's nice to listen to. It brings back memories.
Ok , thats pretty cool in a super geek way . Ill look it up :thumbs:
ncrobb
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:26 pm
ncrobb wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:47 am The art work on the covers is awesome. I’m guessing it’s the same all the way through? I never got into comic books. Me and my brother had car magazines. I think there are still a couple boxes of them in my attic.
Damn . I wish I knew that when you were here . There was a room in my barn where the previous owner had a fe hundred hot rod and car mags from the 60's and 70's . I gave them to my mechanic , whos a good guy
Ya killin me.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ncrobb wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:56 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:26 pm
ncrobb wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:47 am The art work on the covers is awesome. I’m guessing it’s the same all the way through? I never got into comic books. Me and my brother had car magazines. I think there are still a couple boxes of them in my attic.
Damn . I wish I knew that when you were here . There was a room in my barn where the previous owner had a fe hundred hot rod and car mags from the 60's and 70's . I gave them to my mechanic , whos a good guy
Ya killin me.
Sorry man , there were hundreds of them . Ill go in that room and theres probably a few left lying around and Ill get them for ya
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:34 pm Image
If my Ma would have seen that in my room , it would have been burned more than likely . I dug Weird War comics out of the trash that she absconded from me . She would stuff them down far in the cans outside . Anything horror like , I couldnt have . However , my brother who was born on Halloween , had gore and horror magazines [ the prick ] . but he was 5 years older and just turned 60 the other day . I had to explain to my Ma that Ghost Rider was a good guy . Ghost Rider is so bad ass it isnt funny . I also lied about Were wolf by night . I said it was like the lon Chaney movie , which it wasnt ......... she was too smart and those would get yanked . Warlock ... I couldnt get away with that one either

Its hard to get away with shit that looks like this ..