Best cigar you ever smoked

ejr10mm

I've had plenty of cigars and the best one I've had was a regular backwoods smokes. Maybe it's wasn't the best cigar but the memories those little cigars bring up are the best.
ironclad

The first Hoyo de Monterey Excalibur #1 Mad I ever smoked was perfect. Even burn, bleach white ash, clean flavor, lovely oil ring around the lit end...perfect. Then the cigar boom hit and production quality dipped a bit but that is still my "go to" cigar. Every time I smoke one I think of that first one.
Mischief managed.
ncrobb
Founding Member

I guess I ought to step out and try a few more cigars. Every once in a while I’ll pick one up but I don’t know enough to know good from bad.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Best? Probably the legit Cuban Cohiba I had a few months back. Favorite? Kentucky dark fired sweets push every button for me
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

I have never had what would be considered a top shelf cigar these days with the exception of three Ghurkas I swiped from the box box pass prior to this one. They were darn good. I smoked the heck out of Ibold Black Petes for years and then settled on the pipe exclusively due to complaints from Mrs Lostdog about the smell permeating the curtains and furniture. She never complained about the smell until we owned our own furniture and curtains as I recall. Right now its Fink Texas Smoker Toros outside or in the shed when the urge strikes.The mind plays funny tricks. Maybe those discontinued Black Petes were not as good as I remember. Maybe they were. I sure would like to have a few boxes to check my memory.
Ronv69
Founding Member

I haven't smoked many good cigars, but the ones I liked most were some long thin Macanudos that came in a screw top tube. That was about 30 years ago. Very smooth.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ironclad wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:27 pm The first Hoyo de Monterey Excalibur #1 Mad I ever smoked was perfect. Even burn, bleach white ash, clean flavor, lovely oil ring around the lit end...perfect. Then the cigar boom hit and production quality dipped a bit but that is still my "go to" cigar. Every time I smoke one I think of that first one.
yeah , the boom .. it drove me nuts . I think they changed up the blend on the Excalibur somewhere in the boom years . They kept the regular label hoyo and punch stuff consistant . . It sfunny , you still see " vintage " 90s leaf today , which means it sucked that bad to where even now theres still some left
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ironclad

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:12 pm
ironclad wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:27 pm The first Hoyo de Monterey Excalibur #1 Mad I ever smoked was perfect. Even burn, bleach white ash, clean flavor, lovely oil ring around the lit end...perfect. Then the cigar boom hit and production quality dipped a bit but that is still my "go to" cigar. Every time I smoke one I think of that first one.
yeah , the boom .. it drove me nuts . I think they changed up the blend on the Excalibur somewhere in the boom years . They kept the regular label hoyo and punch stuff consistant . . It sfunny , you still see " vintage " 90s leaf today , which means it sucked that bad to where even now theres still some left
LOL! I still have some cigars in the humidor from those days. You know, I still have half a box or so of Troya Maduro in there. I think it was you posting about those and you are right about those. Of course, before the boom cigars were about balanced flavors, a decent, smooth draw, and an even, clean burn instead of strong, one-dimensional tastes with loose draws so you can smoke a 7 inch 66 ring gauge on your lunch. But I'm not bitter...
Mischief managed.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Lostdog5152 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:18 pm I have never had what would be considered a top shelf cigar these days with the exception of three Ghurkas I swiped from the box box pass prior to this one. They were darn good. I smoked the heck out of Ibold Black Petes for years and then settled on the pipe exclusively due to complaints from Mrs Lostdog about the smell permeating the curtains and furniture. She never complained about the smell until we owned our own furniture and curtains as I recall. Right now its Fink Texas Smoker Toros outside or in the shed when the urge strikes.The mind plays funny tricks. Maybe those discontinued Black Petes were not as good as I remember. Maybe they were. I sure would like to have a few boxes to check my memory.
What do you like when it comes to cigars?
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
cigrmaster
Member in Good Standing

The best non Cuban was a Don Carlos Lancero.
My favorite Cubans were Trinidad Fundadores and the Partagas Serie Du Connoisseur #1.
Harris