Oh hellfire ! ..

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

My oh my .. I want

See this on Ebay and my heart skipped ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My alpha is so nice .. but the above is the upgrade . Never had a 154cm steel blade before . I love the sheath

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

The owner of the company I work for picked up a buck auto on a road trip. They still make a wonderful blade and his is nice and lightweight too
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:40 am The owner of the company I work for picked up a buck auto on a road trip. They still make a wonderful blade and his is nice and lightweight too
:thumbs:

Bucks products are really nice . Their American made Bantam , which sells for like 15 bucks or so , is the best deal in the knife world

These Alphas weight a ton . The newer one I have , that is discontinued anymore , with its textured grip is incredible . The above one with Rosewood is gorgeous but I do like the rubber better .......... but the wood is pretty and that damn sheath is off the map . Im bidding on the knife .. Maybe Ill luck out

Thing is , I cant sharpen mine [ 420hc ] ... not sure how much of a bitch 154cm is to sharpen
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:03 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:40 am The owner of the company I work for picked up a buck auto on a road trip. They still make a wonderful blade and his is nice and lightweight too
:thumbs:

Bucks products are really nice . Their American made Bantam , which sells for like 15 bucks or so , is the best deal in the knife world

These Alphas weight a ton . The newer one I have , that is discontinued anymore , with its textured grip is incredible . The above one with Rosewood is gorgeous but I do like the rubber better .......... but the wood is pretty and that damn sheath is off the map . Im bidding on the knife .. Maybe Ill luck out

Thing is , I cant sharpen mine [ 420hc ] ... not sure how much of a bitch 154cm is to sharpen
Most of my pocket knives are 154 and they take a very nice edge. Not super hard to sharpen but you do need to make sure and roll the burr off while doing it
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Shit . I didnt get it

Thats ok . I think my birth month Super Boy [ adventure comics ] will be here tomorrow or thursday
ncrobb
Founding Member

154CM is the American version of ATS-34. These are the long time favorite stainless steels used by most of the custom makers I know. It’s my preferred steel as well. It does exactly as Mr Beardsley says - pretty easy to sharpen, holds a good edge and you get the best results by stropping.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ncrobb wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:52 pm 154CM is the American version of ATS-34. These are the long time favorite stainless steels used by most of the custom makers I know. It’s my preferred steel as well. It does exactly as Mr Beardsley says - pretty easy to sharpen, holds a good edge and you get the best results by stropping.
Hey man , next we meet up Id appreciate the hell out of a sharpening lesson . Im just not good at it and I even bought a gizmo that I still cant get better than what I can already do , which sucks , lol . As much as I love to carry and use a knife , Id like to be a proficient sharpener one day
Hey , we can smoke Edgeworth Slices and drink OGD114 .. ok , maybe we'll wait till after for the 114 but I need a good occasion to fire up some Slices and I cant think of a better one than getting a sharpening lesson . Ill order pizza , dancing girls and rent a fire truck
ncrobb
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:35 pm
ncrobb wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:52 pm 154CM is the American version of ATS-34. These are the long time favorite stainless steels used by most of the custom makers I know. It’s my preferred steel as well. It does exactly as Mr Beardsley says - pretty easy to sharpen, holds a good edge and you get the best results by stropping.
Hey man , next we meet up Id appreciate the hell out of a sharpening lesson . Im just not good at it and I even bought a gizmo that I still cant get better than what I can already do , which sucks , lol . As much as I love to carry and use a knife , Id like to be a proficient sharpener one day
Hey , we can smoke Edgeworth Slices and drink OGD114 .. ok , maybe we'll wait till after for the 114 but I need a good occasion to fire up some Slices and I cant think of a better one than getting a sharpening lesson . Ill order pizza , dancing girls and rent a fire truck
Did you say pizza? From that place little place in McCaysville?
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ronv69
Founding Member

I've gotten pretty proficient with the Worksharp. Are you having any luck?
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:36 am
I've gotten pretty proficient with the Worksharp. Are you having any luck?
Nope

Im having better luck these days holding the sharpening stone against the blade as opposed to visa versa . The worksharp , for me , was a wasted 50 bucks .. I have no idea what im doing wrong