What Are You Smoking December 2021

Wildcrow
Founding Member

Pauls Pipe Shop 58th Anni from the box pass in a MM Acorn w green forever stem. This is now the work cob since i cracked my last one.

@Tsal , this is one youd like if i can read into a decade of WAYS posts
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

OJK in a Holeysmoke again

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Wildcat wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:59 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:09 am
Tsal wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:41 am
Ahh...did you use an old one that just happened to fit perfectly or did you have it made?
This was a Tom Douglas pipe. It came this way. I am confident this was a factory replacement, and they did it right because it was Tom Douglas...
I miss Tom. Your post reminded me of the many kindnesses from Tom. When Kentucky Club Blue was discontinued, he sent me a big ol' bag from the last of his stash. Just arrived in the mailbox one day, unannounced. I chased Grabow 65's for a while and this one time he said he was going to Sparta I asked about new production 65's, as I had only found one in my travels (purchased new at the original P&C store in Albany NY). He said he'd see what he could do. Like Tom, he went above and beyond and had them make me a Royalton 65. What a gentleman, what a pipe. If I recall correctly, he wouldn't take a dime from me. I've never seen another. Anyone else run across one?

Long story short, it's never been smoked in all the years since. Your note prompted me to change that today. Thanks @Fr_Tom , you're an awesome Tom too!

Velvet in said Royalton 65

Tom Douglas was a class act all around, and he was a walking wikipedia of pipe knowledge.. I miss him too.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Wildcrow wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:55 pm Pauls Pipe Shop 58th Anni from the box pass in a MM Acorn w green forever stem. This is now the work cob since i cracked my last one.

Ok...going to add that to my next Arrowhead order. Thanks for the recommendation. Paul's is a cool place, I would like to get there one day.
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:45 pm
Wildcrow wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:55 pm Pauls Pipe Shop 58th Anni from the box pass in a MM Acorn w green forever stem. This is now the work cob since i cracked my last one.

Ok...going to add that to my next Arrowhead order. Thanks for the recommendation. Paul's is a cool place, I would like to get there one day.
Rum and raisins
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Wildcrow wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:56 pm

Rum and raisins
Rum and raisins sound pretty generic considering there are seven different kinds of Cavendish?? Wtheck... :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:11 pm
Rum and raisins
Rum and raisins sound pretty generic considering there are seven different kinds of Cavendish?? Wtheck... :lol:
I had a hard time figuring it out, but unlike that pumpkin spice (ahem @Ronv69 ) this one legit rings of rum flake and ps LTF, but completely aromatic
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Wildcrow wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:20 pm

Rum and raisins
I had a hard time figuring it out, but unlike that pumpkin spice (ahem @Ronv69 ) this one legit rings of rum flake and ps LTF, but completely aromatic
Huh? Rum flake smells like flowers.
The Troll Whisperer
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Tsal wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:22 pm

Peter Stokabey Luxury Twist Flake?
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Tsal
Forum Decorum

mrpipster wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:27 pm
Tsal wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:22 pm
Peter Stokabey Luxury Twist Flake?
Smells nothing of flowers.
The Troll Whisperer