Peterson 4AB Possibly For Sale

Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

I was looking at the POY Pete 4AB at SmokingPipes with no intention of buying one. I don't much care for bent pipes or the p-lip. My wife and my sister were sort of looking on while playing Monopoly when the midnight release came about. I closed the computor and went to bed. I am now the owner of a rusticated 4AB and a sandblast. Niether package has been opened and they have been gift wrapped. My wife spilled the beans about who bought what and I learned she had got me the rusticated one "Because it was prettier". I will keep that one for obvious reasons even though it is not a pipe I would have chosen for myself. If anybody is interested I will let the rusticated pipe go for exactly what it cost plus $8.00 shipping unless my sister throws a hissy fit, which she probably won't. Not trying to price gouge anybody. It would have to be after Christmas as I have to show appropriate shock and awe on the Glorious Day. If no interest, I will probably return the pipe for some store credit or something.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Lostdog5152 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:43 am I was looking at the POY Pete 4AB at SmokingPipes with no intention of buying one. I don't much care for bent pipes or the p-lip. My wife and my sister were sort of looking on while playing Monopoly when the midnight release came about. I closed the computor and went to bed. I am now the owner of a rusticated 4AB and a sandblast. Niether package has been opened and they have been gift wrapped. My wife spilled the beans about who bought what and I learned she had got me the rusticated one "Because it was prettier". I will keep that one for obvious reasons even though it is not a pipe I would have chosen for myself. If anybody is interested I will let the rusticated pipe go for exactly what it cost plus $8.00 shipping unless my sister throws a hissy fit, which she probably won't. Not trying to price gouge anybody. It would have to be after Christmas as I have to show appropriate shock and awe on the Glorious Day. If no interest, I will probably return the pipe for some store credit or something.
Maybe smoke it ? It may be a mind blower ? ... or not , Im just thinking aloud
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:53 am
Lostdog5152 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:43 am I was looking at the POY Pete 4AB at SmokingPipes with no intention of buying one. I don't much care for bent pipes or the p-lip. My wife and my sister were sort of looking on while playing Monopoly when the midnight release came about. I closed the computor and went to bed. I am now the owner of a rusticated 4AB and a sandblast. Niether package has been opened and they have been gift wrapped. My wife spilled the beans about who bought what and I learned she had got me the rusticated one "Because it was prettier". I will keep that one for obvious reasons even though it is not a pipe I would have chosen for myself. If anybody is interested I will let the rusticated pipe go for exactly what it cost plus $8.00 shipping unless my sister throws a hissy fit, which she probably won't. Not trying to price gouge anybody. It would have to be after Christmas as I have to show appropriate shock and awe on the Glorious Day. If no interest, I will probably return the pipe for some store credit or something.
I can only smoke one at a time. Which may well be one too many. I never could quite get entirely comfotable with full bent pipes or the p-lip.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

My counsel really would be to keep and smoke both. If you are finding you just don't care for them/whatever, keep the one from the wife and make a point to smoke it with gusto from time to time when she is around. You want to encourage this sort of behavior.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:19 pm My counsel really would be to keep and smoke both. If you are finding you just don't care for them/whatever, keep the one from the wife and make a point to smoke it with gusto from time to time when she is around. You want to encourage this sort of behavior.
Oh, I most certainly will smoke the one she gave me frequently and furiously.......I dare not. Seriously, I am fortunate and blessed to have this wonderful woman in my life. We celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary December 8th. Just goes to show that God blesses even his most undeserving creatures now and then. My sister is no slouch in the blessing department herself. Even if her monetary value is somewhere in the "Burn a wet mule' catagory she has always had a kind heart.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Lostdog5152 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:49 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:53 am
I can only smoke one at a time. Which may well be one too many. I never could quite get entirely comfotable with full bent pipes or the p-lip.
I get it . Full bents are a trip
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Lostdog5152 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:35 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:19 pm My counsel really would be to keep and smoke both. If you are finding you just don't care for them/whatever, keep the one from the wife and make a point to smoke it with gusto from time to time when she is around. You want to encourage this sort of behavior.
Oh, I most certainly will smoke the one she gave me frequently and furiously.......I dare not. Seriously, I am fortunate and blessed to have this wonderful woman in my life. We celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary December 8th. Just goes to show that God blesses even his most undeserving creatures now and then. My sister is no slouch in the blessing department herself. Even if her monetary value is somewhere in the "Burn a wet mule' catagory she has always had a kind heart.
It is 40 years for us next June. Between that and being a priest, I have a few observations from time to time about the fairer sex. I am not saying I understand them, but there is a "little" insight gained through some experience...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:49 pm
Lostdog5152 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:35 pm
It is 40 years for us next June. Between that and being a priest, I have a few observations from time to time about the fairer sex. I am not saying I understand them, but there is a "little" insight gained through some experience...
Time flies when you're having fun.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I say keep and smoke both, they hooked you up!
The Troll Whisperer
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:25 pm I say keep and smoke both, they hooked you up!
Yes, they did. It would probably bother my concience selling the one my sister got me. If I had a concience that is. I'm sure she would understand if I sold it and bought some tobacco instead. Just to be on the safe side my silence on the matter would be well advised. She can be quite beligerent.