Hello From CT

Houjous

Hey, Just started switching pipes. I've been doing cigars for years and love it but the mix of cost effectiveness and art of Pipes has transferred me here~
I saw a few of you asking our "setup;" I picked up a Dr. Grabow Riviera Rustic Tobacco Pipe, Peterson Nightcap Pipe Tobacco, Amphora Full Aroma Pipe Tobacco Pouch, Rattray's Pipe stand - brass a 4 in 1 tool and some pipe cleaners. have not tested any of it yet. I get it in on monday!

I'm sure I'll also put this in the general pipe channel but the reason that brings me here is trying to find a good second pipe, a more costly pipe for when Christmas isn't eating up 99% of my paycheck. I'm sold on The Oom Paul Stem type with a Meerschaum bowl. The only issue is; is that I can't find a good website that I can just search for those 2 filters. Sites do one or the other but not both. Any suggestions. Right now the only one I found to be in that description is a "Art Deco Palm Leaves Full Bend Cream Finish by Master Carver Baglan Meerschaum Pipe Paykoc" first link on duckduckgo.com when you search for the quoted name above. It's beautiful but not sure I'm ready to drop ~400 bucks when everything is said and done. I've seen Meerschaum for about $90+ but again I can't find them with the stem I want.

Thanks!~
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Welcome to PSF
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Fidibusz

Welcome to PSF. Sorry, no help on the meerschaum Oom Paul.
Houjous

Thanks for the welcomes ^_^. @Fidibusz no worries. It seems unless I wanted that one I commented on, they just aren't out there.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Welcome.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Welcome from Kentucky. You seem to know what you want and I don't mean to disuede you at all. The Oom Paul shape has been around for a lot of years and it certainly has a distinctive look. It is not one of the more popular shapes and takes some getting used to even among veteran pipe smokers. Maybe a cheaper briar Oom Paul just to test the waters before you lay out the big bucks for a block meerschaum? A nice clean estate pipe perhaps? Just a friendly suggestion.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Welcome!
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Glad you are here! Sometimes when you are looking for something specific, you just have to be patient.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/search/the ... =14&page=1 has some Oom Pauls sorted by price.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/ ... _id=444945 is one in meerschaum.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Welcome to PSF. Same as above, use The Pipe Locator on Smokingpipes.com. You can sort to find the exact pipe you want. And if they dont have it, check next week. They move fast. Happy to have you here!
ncrobb
Founding Member

Good morning and welcome from NC.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett