Latest Pipe Purchase 2022

Ronv69
Founding Member

That's nice. It's usually a huge thing to set up the POY, but Silver has made it easy this year., 🤣
God and Texas!
Silver
Certified Codger

Settle down, guys...
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Silver wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:36 pm Settle down, guys...
Well sir, just think of it this way: When you're finally ready to offer your pieces for sale, you're probably already sold out for a while! LOL! :D But seriously, that last pot was really beautiful.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Silver
Certified Codger

Thanks, Mike. It'll be a long winter and I'll be making more pipes, and hopefully improving. So maybe I'll have a few I'd consider worthy of making available.
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

Silver wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:40 pm Spent some time in the workshop last week and finished this one on Saturday. It's a little, rusticated pot with smooth rim, bowl edge and shank end. Similar to the Christmas pipes I made recently. This one's stain russet (more brown with a touch of red) and and natural rim, bowl edge and shank end. This one will get a mating 1/4 bent billiard with sloped rim. Hope to get that one finished tomorrow.

That is really something else @Silver , an absolutely gorgeous pipe. How long have you been making pipes?
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
kschatey

Piping Abe wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:21 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:19 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:53 pm
I'm in! Where do I place my order? :lol:
Is there a list? You know that I can't resist a PSF POY.
There is now! @Silver wheres the sign up at?
Prince for me!
Silver
Certified Codger

Big Iron wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:56 pm
Silver wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:40 pm Spent some time in the workshop last week and finished this one on Saturday. It's a little, rusticated pot with smooth rim, bowl edge and shank end. Similar to the Christmas pipes I made recently. This one's stain russet (more brown with a touch of red) and and natural rim, bowl edge and shank end. This one will get a mating 1/4 bent billiard with sloped rim. Hope to get that one finished tomorrow.

That is really something else @Silver , an absolutely gorgeous pipe. How long have you been making pipes?
Thanks! I did a kit block in March-ish of 2021 that was a Christmas gift in 2020 from my daughter and son-in-law. Then I got interested in doing another in January of this year. Got a few more pre-drilled blocks and better files. As they started to look more like real pipes, I started buying blocks (and tools) and doing the whole thing on my own (probably around April this year).
Puff nstuff

Piping Abe wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:46 am
Silver wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:36 pm Got this one finished this afternoon. It's a mate to the Pot I posted last night, a rusticated billiard with a sloped rim.

2 pipes this similar? PSF POY Confirmed!
Count me in!!
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Puff nstuff

In the meantime, here's a photo of the Grabow Commodore from ebay. I'm really pleased with it. It's got nice grain behind the blast, good color, some heft to it. The bowl is in fantastic condition and it smells good, with a nice taper at the bottom. Even the stem and button are in great shape. 🥇 :thumbs:

Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Silver
Certified Codger

Puff nstuff wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:51 pm In the meantime, here's a photo of the Grabow Commodore from ebay. I'm really pleased with it. It's got nice grain behind the blast, good color, some heft to it. The bowl is in fantastic condition and it smells good, with a nice taper at the bottom. Even the stem and button are in great shape. 🥇 :thumbs:

Gotta like a sandblasted Poker! :thumbs: I don't see these pop up too often. I bid pretty strongly on one awhile back, but someone wanted it more. Mine's out there somewhere.