Matches.

ironclad

mrpipster wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:08 pm I get a box of ten when I go to https://www.johndenglertobacconist.com
I knew John, back in the day. The first time I met him was at the St. Louis Pipe Show. He was kind to a stupid new tobacconist.

I bought a BBB bent billiard at the STL show (winter '94) and was showing John the pipe and asking him about it. He said, "Wait here." and went to the back room and came back out with a catalogue that had the same pipe on the cover from 1964. He taught me quite a bit that afternoon.
Mischief managed.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

ironclad wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:51 pm
mrpipster wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:08 pm I get a box of ten when I go to https://www.johndenglertobacconist.com
I knew John, back in the day. The first time I met him was at the St. Louis Pipe Show. He was kind to a stupid new tobacconist.

I bought a BBB bent billiard at the STL show (winter '94) and was showing John the pipe and asking him about it. He said, "Wait here." and went to the back room and came back out with a catalogue that had the same pipe on the cover from 1964. He taught me quite a bit that afternoon.
Nice memory, thanks for sharing
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
montag

@Ronv69 strike anywhere matches are so hard to find now because they ship hazmat. UPS won’t allow them anymore and other carriers charge $$$$. So, if you can’t find them locally, you are SOL.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

montag wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:41 pm @Ronv69 strike anywhere matches are so hard to find now because they ship hazmat. UPS won’t allow them anymore and other carriers charge $$$$. So, if you can’t find them locally, you are SOL.
I have 9 boxes. Nyah-nyah!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I think the long BBQ matches are strike anywhere but who needs a 10 inch match to light a pipe?
The Troll Whisperer
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Tape them into a bundle and cut them short on the miter saw. I’ll have to look for those now.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Tsal
Forum Decorum

They will definitely be a sturdy match.
The Troll Whisperer
montag

Tsal wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:24 pm I think the long BBQ matches are strike anywhere but who needs a 10 inch match to light a pipe?
I’ve had a few pg laden tobaccos that could have used a constant flame…
Tsal
Forum Decorum

montag wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:14 am
Tsal wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:24 pm I think the long BBQ matches are strike anywhere but who needs a 10 inch match to light a pipe?
I've heard of tobacco blends that need constant attention. I stay clear of those. I did however used to smoke Melange back when I first picked up the pipe, It was like eating apricot jelly by the spoonful. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Tsal wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:35 am
montag wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:14 am
I've heard of tobacco blends that need constant attention. I stay clear of those. I did however used to smoke Melange back when I first picked up the pipe, It was like eating apricot jelly by the spoonful. Lol
I did too! Now that stuff makes my right eye twitch.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-