Latest Tobacco Purchase 2022

Tsal
Forum Decorum

pipedrum22 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:30 pm Image

Stopped by to support my local tobacconist. I’ve tried the one on the right today and it was excellent. Orange and mango all while the actual Virginia tobacco shines through. I’ve never tried the one on the left but I’ve been told I’d love it.
I had a tin of Exotic Orange a few years ago. My pipe area still has a light scent of Orange. Whatever they spray on that stuff has lasting power.
The Troll Whisperer
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

@Tsal its how G&H does it these days. I never ordered a 500G package from then till now but this is how it’s been for a year or two I guess. Moisture was soaking wet as usual. But I already cut it up and will put it in mylar. So I didn’t have any integrity issues whatsoever. This stuff could probably sit for a year on a plate before the moisture was right.
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Tsal wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:08 am
pipedrum22 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:30 pm Image

Stopped by to support my local tobacconist. I’ve tried the one on the right today and it was excellent. Orange and mango all while the actual Virginia tobacco shines through. I’ve never tried the one on the left but I’ve been told I’d love it.
I had a tin of Exotic Orange a few years ago. My pipe area still has a light scent of Orange. Whatever they spray on that stuff has lasting power.
I’m just glad it tastes great. Nothing worse than ghosting a pipe with a tobacco you don’t enjoy
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:18 am @Tsal its how G&H does it these days. I never ordered a 500G package from then till now but this is how it’s been for a year or two I guess. Moisture was soaking wet as usual. But I already cut it up and will put it in mylar. So I didn’t have any integrity issues whatsoever. This stuff could probably sit for a year on a plate before the moisture was right.
The last time I purchased 500g boxes of G&H was a little over a year ago and it was in the regular bag. I don't see why they spent the money on that machinery being their stuff is so moist. Who knows. Modern times I guess.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:48 am
Piping Abe wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:18 am @Tsal its how G&H does it these days. I never ordered a 500G package from then till now but this is how it’s been for a year or two I guess. Moisture was soaking wet as usual. But I already cut it up and will put it in mylar. So I didn’t have any integrity issues whatsoever. This stuff could probably sit for a year on a plate before the moisture was right.
The last time I purchased 500g boxes of G&H was a little over a year ago and it was in the regular bag. I don't see why they spent the money on that machinery being their stuff is so moist. Who knows. Modern times I guess.
If I had to guess I'd say it's because of changing regulations over there
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:22 pm
Tsal wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:48 am
If I had to guess I'd say it's because of changing regulations over there
I would have thought regulations are based on content and labeling not packaging. You might be right.
The Troll Whisperer
fingall
Member in Good Standing

I bought a few aromatics recently, mostly KBV blends, but recently bought 8 oz of Peretti's Cuban Mixture and am waiting on 8 oz of Tashkent. First time having a Peretti blend; I'm glad I ordered.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

fingall wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:53 pm I bought a few aromatics recently, mostly KBV blends, but recently bought 8 oz of Peretti's Cuban Mixture and am waiting on 8 oz of Tashkent. First time having a Peretti blend; I'm glad I ordered.
Cuban Mixture is one of my favorites, I also discovered it this year. I dedicated a pipe to it. Its fantastic
fingall
Member in Good Standing

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:42 pm
fingall wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:53 pm I bought a few aromatics recently, mostly KBV blends, but recently bought 8 oz of Peretti's Cuban Mixture and am waiting on 8 oz of Tashkent. First time having a Peretti blend; I'm glad I ordered.
Cuban Mixture is one of my favorites, I also discovered it this year. I dedicated a pipe to it. Its fantastic
Ya know, now that i think about it, i think it was you discussing Cuban Mixture in a desert island smoke thread or something like it, that inspired me to order it. It's the first time I've ever bought 8oz of anything at one time, and it is a great smoke, thanks.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

fingall wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:12 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:42 pm
Ya know, now that i think about it, i think it was you discussing Cuban Mixture in a desert island smoke thread or something like it, that inspired me to order it. It's the first time I've ever bought 8oz of anything at one time, and it is a great smoke, thanks.
No worries. Glad you took the advice. I learned about a lot of blends I enjoy that I would never have tried if I didn’t find out on here. That is what makes this place great. :thumbs: