What Other Spirit Are You Drinking Tonight?

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:20 pm Love a good Rye Whiskey. Especially a strong one. This one is cheap and hitting all the marks.

That is a good one. Very few bonded rye's out there and that's definitely at the top
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wildcat wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:48 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:11 pm Tonight , I drink the spirits of my enemies
LOL .. just saw this :lol:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:20 pm
Wildcat wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:48 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:11 pm Tonight , I drink the spirits of my enemies
LOL .. just saw this :lol:
Was wondering when you'd get around to it :lol:
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
kschatey

Puff nstuff wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:39 pm Cheers, friends. We have threads for bourbon and Scotch, but sometimes we reach for other liquid delights such as Cognac, gin, or rum, so I thought we might post about those on this thread.

Tonight I'm enjoying some Plantation Original Dark rum. It's a 'double aged' blend of mostly Barbados rum blended with a small amount of long-aged Jamaican rum, and it is fantastically delicious in a very rangy way. It's got some interesting funkiness to it that I've never encountered in any other dark spirit. It's smooth and great on ice, and I would put it up alongside many whiskies in the $30-$40 range, quality-wise, but it can generally be found for a mere $20. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it; I suspect you'll thank me later if you do.

Rum, you say? Mai Tai all the way!

Although my wife has recently been hitting the White Russians. Tis the season, I guess.

Me? Beer, of course.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

kschatey wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:42 pm
Puff nstuff wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:39 pm Cheers, friends. We have threads for bourbon and Scotch, but sometimes we reach for other liquid delights such as Cognac, gin, or rum, so I thought we might post about those on this thread.

Tonight I'm enjoying some Plantation Original Dark rum. It's a 'double aged' blend of mostly Barbados rum blended with a small amount of long-aged Jamaican rum, and it is fantastically delicious in a very rangy way. It's got some interesting funkiness to it that I've never encountered in any other dark spirit. It's smooth and great on ice, and I would put it up alongside many whiskies in the $30-$40 range, quality-wise, but it can generally be found for a mere $20. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it; I suspect you'll thank me later if you do.

Although my wife has recently been hitting the White Russians. Tis the season, I guess.

Me? Beer, of course.
So your special lady friend abides
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I prefer to go full Scorpion Bowl with two straws.

After I have written it, I realize that this sentence may make no sense without my frame reference. I love a place that has a scorpion bowl. A place like that, with the tiki torches, that kind of place has the best Chinese food. Order the pu-pu platter. The kind of place that has scorpion bowl mai tais has the best pu-pu platter in town.

When "Neptune's Punch" is served in a novelty ceramic tiki-shaped cup, you know you are in good company with Trader Vic.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:29 pm
I prefer to go full Scorpion Bowl with two straws.

After I have written it, I realize that this sentence may make no sense without my frame reference. I love a place that has a scorpion bowl. A place like that, with the tiki torches, that kind of place has the best Chinese food. Order the pu-pu platter. The kind of place that has scorpion bowl mai tais has the best pu-pu platter in town.

When "Neptune's Punch" is served in a novelty ceramic tiki-shaped cup, you know you are in good company with Trader Vic.
I could never order a pu pu platter with a straight face
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

You fellas may not believe this but I made these for the wife and I. Frigging delicious
https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/hot-buttered-bourbon/

*I didn't do the sauce pan stuff. Put a shot of hootch in a mug, poured in hot water, a dollop of the butter mix, boom like so
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

My Apple Pie Moonshine with Coors, beer stored nice n cold in the garage to wind down this Christmas. Watching Dave Chappelle Stand Up.

Ronv69
Founding Member

Double Mudslide made with coffee moonshine and Bailey's.
God and Texas!