Driving pipe smokers?

cigrmaster
Member in Good Standing

I have a driver so I can smoke as much as I want.
Harris
StoneDog

Big Iron wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:42 pm Just out of curiosity how many of you all are driving pipe smokers? I've only tried to drive and smoke a pipe a few times and found myself with tongue bite, as well as not enjoying it as much because i was multitasking and couldnt concentrate on enjoying the flavor of the baccy. Maybe I'll give it another go. Just curious how do yall tamp , and light and keep at least a hand on the wheel? 🤣
When I had a commute I did. Stop and go traffic for about 10 miles straight so there was plenty of time to tamp and relight. I don't now primarily because I work from home, but I also don't want the ash and left over smell in my newish vehicle. When I had my 180K mile Jeep I didn't care what it smelled like ;-).
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

An update. I've given up a try a few more times and I think im starting to get the hang of driving while smoking a pipe. At least a lot better than I used to. It's nice to have something to smoke on while driving, especially on long drives home after class.
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Big Iron wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:05 pm An update. I've given up a try a few more times and I think im starting to get the hang of driving while smoking a pipe. At least a lot better than I used to. It's nice to have something to smoke on while driving, especially on long drives home after class.
Ata Boy !!! :thumbs: :D
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Fidibusz

I am not supposed to smoke in the car… but sometimes it is too cold or rainy so I run some “errands”. A couple of days ago I was stopped at a light and puffing on a bent Legend. I had the windows down and the driver in the adjacent car commented to me that it was a nice pipe, just like one of her dad’s. Cobs rule, and chicks dig pipe smokers!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Fidibusz wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:17 pm I am not supposed to smoke in the car… but sometimes it is too cold or rainy so I run some “errands”. A couple of days ago I was stopped at a light and puffing on a bent Legend. I had the windows down and the driver in the adjacent car commented to me that it was a nice pipe, just like one of her dad’s. Cobs rule, and chicks dig pipe smokers!
Past experience has taught me that pipe smoking while waiting outside to get in a Cracker Barrel is a 100 % given women will spark a conversation with you

Cracker Barrell + Pipe Smoking = Lady Conversation .

Pipe Smoking ... making life better one bowl at a time
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:19 am
Fidibusz wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:17 pm I am not supposed to smoke in the car… but sometimes it is too cold or rainy so I run some “errands”. A couple of days ago I was stopped at a light and puffing on a bent Legend. I had the windows down and the driver in the adjacent car commented to me that it was a nice pipe, just like one of her dad’s. Cobs rule, and chicks dig pipe smokers!
Past experience has taught me that pipe smoking while waiting outside to get in a Cracker Barrel is a 100 % given women will spark a conversation with you

Cracker Barrell + Pipe Smoking = Lady Conversation .

Pipe Smoking ... making life better one bowl at a time
Especially if the blend smells pleasant . I cant remember on here who said it but I recall a post saying SWRA in public is how you pull ladies numbers :lol:
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
Nhsmoker

It is my favorite place to smoke a pipe. I work in other people's homes so I can't smoke when working. And I have custody of my grandson so I don't smoke when he is awake. So I get in a pipe after he goes to bed. The only other time I have is driving. So if I have a drive in the 45 minute plus range I will light up
Musical Viking

I tried once a few years ago and very quickly decided “never again”. Ok, I really didn’t know how to smoke a pipe properly back then, but the constant need to relight and an eyeful of Punchbowle smoke (I miss that tobacco!) was enough of a deterrent to getting used to it.
If you’re reading this, you’ve scrolled too far.
Silver
Certified Codger

I'm not even sure I CAN drive without a pipe in my mouth. Plus, it gives the other drivers around me a chance at a unicorn sighting.