Parodi!!!

simplepipes
Codger in Training

Parodis are great cigars as are De Nobilis . . . have not smoked cigars for years but remember them fondly.

One of the favorite smokes of the late Barry Levin.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I’m convinced Parodi, Avanti, and Di Nobli are the same cigar just different packaging. Delicious.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:01 pm I’m convinced Parodi, Avanti, and Di Nobli are the same cigar just different packaging. Delicious.
yeah I read an interview with one of their big shots. Same tobacco. Parodi was New England's cigar and De Nobili was New York City's cigar. When Avanti bought out Nobili they moved production of all their lines to Scranton PA and they all use the same tobacco. Or something like that.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Not trying to derail the thread but has anyone tried the General Grant cigars?Image
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:01 pm I’m convinced Parodi, Avanti, and Di Nobli are the same cigar just different packaging. Delicious.
You're not the only one. Everything Parodi makes is the same cigar cut at different lengths. That's why I like the KY Cheroots. Parodi perfected. I think they come one hundred to a box and without the cellophane wrapping.

I stopped smoking KY Cheroots (made by Parodi, I am not getting off topic) when I started subscribing to monthly deliveries from Finck.

Finck cigars are all unique. Parodi cigars are totally reliable. Tomato/tomato with a different accent.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Another favorite of mine was FX Smith & Sons (Craig Smith) Tuscarora made in McSherry Town, PA. An all-tobacco machine-made cigar with a near black Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper. Just excellent with some box age on them.

Did not (and still don't) need to spend ridiculous amounts for a good all-tobacco cigar. I was never concerned about long-filler vs. short-filler as long as it was all tobacco.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

rekamepip wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:09 pm Not trying to derail the thread but has anyone tried the General Grant cigars?Image
Smoke at your peril. If you enjoy disappointment, General Grant is the cigar for you. Look, I'm a Union man from way back but these cigars are a disgrace to the good name of President and General Ulysses S. Grant.

Smoke them if you have them until you put what's left over in the next box pass.

'Nuff said. One man's opinion.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

my son also thinks the Parodi is tops and wants a box for himself
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:10 pm
rekamepip wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:09 pm Not trying to derail the thread but has anyone tried the General Grant cigars?Image
Smoke at your peril. If you enjoy disappointment, General Grant is the cigar for you. Look, I'm a Union man from way back but these cigars are a disgrace to the good name of President and General Ulysses S. Grant.

Smoke them if you have them until you put what's left over in the next box pass.

'Nuff said. One man's opinion.
That is all I needed to hear
Thanks!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

The box is cool.
The Troll Whisperer