What Are You Listening To 2022

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Alice Cooper knows how to pick a lead guitarist.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
cobbsmoker

I'm the odd duck, I like classical baroque music and the older I get the slower the music, the better. :lol:
"Semper Fidelis"
Middle Earth

cobbsmoker wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:13 am I'm the odd duck, I like classical baroque music and the older I get the slower the music, the better. :lol:
I expect that many including myself like classical music but I also like Black Metal, punk and thrash.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:17 pm Alice Cooper knows how to pick a lead guitarist.

I saw Alice Cooper at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie NY when I was something-teen. He had this rapier he used as a prop. A guy in a grade above me got cut across the bridge of his nose by it. He didn't cry to his mommy or daddy. No lawsuits. He wore that cut and scar like a badge of honor! He was the sh*t, as we used to say!

Vincent Damon Furnieras (Alice Cooper) has a syndicated radio show now that is top notch. Really good! He is a faithful member, perhaps an Elder or Deacon of his Methodist church if I recall correctly.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

cobbsmoker wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:13 am I'm the odd duck, I like classical baroque music and the older I get the slower the music, the better. :lol:
Nah...you're not an odd duck. Or, you're one of a company of odd ducks. Either way. I, too, enjoy baroque classical...along with classical choral music. I find both styles calming, uplifting, and contemplative. And speaking of growing older, those are states of soul I appreciate more and more.

Having said all that, I still like me some hard rock and rockin' blues from time to time!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Musical Viking

MikeDennison wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:48 am
Nah...you're not an odd duck. Or, you're one of a company of odd ducks. Either way. I, too, enjoy baroque classical...along with classical choral music. I find both styles calming, uplifting, and contemplative. And speaking of growing older, those are states of soul I appreciate more and more.

Having said all that, I still like me some hard rock and rockin' blues from time to time!
Same boat as me. I love classical music and I’ll happily listen to anything be it Purcell, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Holst or today’s orchestral music. I’m also a brass band geek and I do like a good test piece from the likes of Philip Sparke, Peter Graham, Edward Gregson and Gilbert Vinter.

That said I’ll very happily play Rush, Queen, Pink Floyd, Cream, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden or any other good rock/metal. Same goes for jazz and jazz fusion with the likes of Miles Davis, Duke Ellington and Count Basie through bands like Gong and Frank Zappa.

Good music is good music so listen to what you enjoy and enjoy what you listen to.
If you’re reading this, you’ve scrolled too far.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Musical Viking wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:10 am
MikeDennison wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:48 am

Same boat as me. I love classical music and I’ll happily listen to anything be it Purcell, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Holst or today’s orchestral music. I’m also a brass band geek and I do like a good test piece from the likes of Philip Sparke, Peter Graham, Edward Gregson and Gilbert Vinter.

That said I’ll very happily play Rush, Queen, Pink Floyd, Cream, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden or any other good rock/metal. Same goes for jazz and jazz fusion with the likes of Miles Davis, Duke Ellington and Count Basie through bands like Gong and Frank Zappa.

Good music is good music so listen to what you enjoy and enjoy what you listen to.
Yep! I hear ya. :D And agree.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

This lady sounds like Geddy Lee, but, you know what? I find her much more attractive than Mr. Lee. Personal preference. YMMV.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I’ve been listening to this youtube channel while I work around the house. I’ve never heard this music before. But its really wonderful.