Man Moments

Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:02 pm Are you man enough for the French Foreign Legion?

No, but I did name my first dog Rin Tin Tin.
God and Texas!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:32 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:02 pm Are you man enough for the French Foreign Legion?

I remember a picture in the World Book encyclopedia entry for the French foreign legion. It was two guys playing ping-pong in a tent in some godforsaken country. One of them was smoking a pipe they were wearing the hats that had curtains in the back.

It must’ve impressed me because I remember it almost 60 years later. It did not make me want to join the French foreign legion though.

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:15 am

I remember a picture in the World Book encyclopedia entry for the French foreign legion. It was two guys playing ping-pong in a tent in some godforsaken country. One of them was smoking a pipe they were wearing the hats that had curtains in the back.

It must’ve impressed me because I remember it almost 60 years later. It did not make me want to join the French foreign legion though.

You would have looked totally adorbs in a curtain hat!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Wildcat wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:53 am

:lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ronv69
Founding Member

So how did you get this picture of you in the uniform? 😉
God and Texas!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ronv69 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:02 am

It was one of those picture places at Six Flags that do the wanted posters. lol
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:05 am
Ronv69 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:02 am

It was one of those picture places at Six Flags that do the wanted posters. lol
👍
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

The Battle of Gonzales was 187 years ago today. The brass "Come and Take It" cannon that the Mexicans came for was was worthless but the Texians were looking for a fight. The only injury on either side was a Texian that fell off his horse and busted his nose. The cannon was melted into a church bell in 1870.

And, So it Began.
God and Texas!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:53 am

I believe it is called a kepi. I may be wrong. I am not going to check.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronv69 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:18 am The Battle of Gonzales was 187 years ago today. The brass "Come and Take It" cannon that the Mexicans came for was was worthless but the Texians were looking for a fight. The only injury on either side was a Texian that fell off his horse and busted his nose. The cannon was melted into a church bell in 1870.

And, So it Began.
I have that flag, white on black, in front of my business in New Orleans. Not for business reasons, just because I like it.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.