Inflation.

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Wildcat wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:58 am
Tsal wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:51 am It's a mad world when your paying 23 dollars a pound for higher cuts of beef around these parts. Chop steak it is fellas.
:shock: For reals??!!
Yessir..
The Troll Whisperer
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Wildcat wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:23 am
Citizen B wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:14 pm You know those little cardboard boxes of hard circular candy, Jaw Busters, the original jaw breakers, the little ones made by Ferrara Pan? The little box that has always said, for years, "Only 25 Cents!." Those boxes have cost 25 cents for years.

The box doesn't say that anymore. It doesn't say anything. They don't want to be printing up new box designs every month as prices go up.

Hereabouts, the price of a box of Jaw Busters is 30 cents.

Jennifer checked the boxes I had picked up at check-out. "If the box says 25 cents, I have to give it to you for 25 cents," she said. That's why I keep going there.

All of my boxes were factory fresh and labeled for any future price spiral.

I'm sure you've had similar experiences. It's like the 1970s all over again.
I remember when comics went from 20¢ to 25¢, 30¢, 35¢ etc, quicker than quick in the 70s. I can't imagine what one costs now, as I haven't purchased a new comic in 20 years +/-. How do kids afford it? What am I saying, kids don't read comics anymore. Video games are the new comics from what I read. @mrpipster what does a new comic cost today? (See what I did there @Citizen B )

Regarding your Jaw Busters story B, I'm a big fan of Arizona's Rx Energy Herbal Tonic. It has always sported a big, bold 99¢ graphic on the can. Not anymore. Buyer beware.

I bought comic books for my grandsons about 10 years ago (new old stock at antique store for 25 cents) for a road trip we took to Minnesota they were about as interested in those as a barrel full of monkeys. The comic books captured their imagination for all of 3 minutes……..
ok kids you don’t want comic books then look out the window and here we have corn fields on the left and beans on the right all the way
We’ll except Iowa, it was just corn
rekamepip
Codger in Training

sisyphus wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:33 am I really felt inflation Friday when I bought groceries. I'm just going to add $60 to my list now so I'm not disheartened after checkout.
Yes an additional 60 to 100 for shopping list and additional 25 bucks for fuel at gas station just to make it seam as we’re getting a bargain
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Tsal wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:06 am
Wildcat wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:58 am
Tsal wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:51 am It's a mad world when your paying 23 dollars a pound for higher cuts of beef around these parts. Chop steak it is fellas.
:shock: For reals??!!
Yessir..
I couldn't click like. Ouch.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Most stations aren't this high, regardless it's too damn high at any of them
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:04 pm
Tsal wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:05 pm Lemonheads and Alexander the Grapes were my favorites. Boston Baked Beans are good too.
I like Lemonheads best
Another vote for Lemonheads
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Wildcat wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:23 am
I remember when comics went from 20¢ to 25¢, 30¢, 35¢ etc, quicker than quick in the 70s. I can't imagine what one costs now, as I haven't purchased a new comic in 20 years +/-. How do kids afford it? What am I saying, kids don't read comics anymore. Video games are the new comics from what I read. @mrpipster what does a new comic cost today? (See what I did there @Citizen B )

Regarding your Jaw Busters story B, I'm a big fan of Arizona's Rx Energy Herbal Tonic. It has always sported a big, bold 99¢ graphic on the can. Not anymore. Buyer beware.

You remember when Arizona used to have a Pina Colada flavor? That was good
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:59 am Most stations aren't this high, regardless it's too damn high at any of them
And just over a year ago we were energy independent . . .

Someone is definitely getting paid by globalists to ruin elements of our society. Never has corruption been so obvious and flaunted.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Hawkwood

Elections have consequences. Rigged elections have catastrophic consequences. - Steve Bannon
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I was doing some shopping on Friday and pork spare ribs were averaging $24/rack. Spare ribs.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin