Garcia Vega Miniatures

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I go to my moms pretty much monthly down in Florida . On exit 5 in Georgia , which is at the very bottom , theres a Chickfila and a B&M called Smittys that I go to on the way home every time . They have some OTC pipe blends and some MM cigars . So the last time I was there the other day , I snagged some GV Miniatures . Ive had these numerous times and like them pretty good but nothing too exciting . However , this last 5 pack was off the chart . Smittys is a busy place and they only deal in OTC type stuff . I dont know if what I got was super fresh or they changed up recently but holy shit what a nice cigar !!! Perfect humidity , a rea;l wrapper leaf in perfect shape .. excellent !

I like the small dry cured stuff too but Id pass on them for one of these in a heart beat . I think the 5 pack was under 5 bucks . The damn things should be 25 cents each but whatever

Ill buy a 5 pack locally and see if theres a difference . These were just perfect smooth and flavorful . If thats just how they are all the time , Id be very happy
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I don't have time for a between-the-acts size cigar. I don't smoke cigars on the go, so, a shorty like these are just annoying to me. I am used to a more leisurely smoke.

I agree with you about the price. These probably cost a nickel apiece to take to market. The problem isn't supply, it is demand. They need to make their money back. If these were flying off the shelves, I suspect they would be cheaper. It's either that or supply chain issues----or something to do with Putin.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:00 pm I don't have time for a between-the-acts size cigar. I don't smoke cigars on the go, so, a shorty like these are just annoying to me. I am used to a more leisurely smoke.

I agree with you about the price. These probably cost a nickel apiece to take to market. The problem isn't supply, it is demand. They need to make their money back. If these were flying off the shelves, I suspect they would be cheaper. It's either that or supply chain issues----or something to do with Putin.
Lol ... theres more in taxes in the price than profit for the manufacturer

These are really good . Im curious as to why it was so much better than Ive had in the past . You would look like a somewhat demented clint eastwood smoking them on your scooter :D
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Citizen B wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:00 pm I don't have time for a between-the-acts size cigar. I don't smoke cigars on the go, so, a shorty like these are just annoying to me. I am used to a more leisurely smoke.

Damn commies!
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Wildcat
Codger in Training

I'm a fan of the GyV English Coronas in the brown tubes. Been a while, but they were always a good smoke. Good mouth feel, plenty of smoke.

I ran into a local discount beer place this evening to grab a 5 pack of William Penn Braves. They're up to $9.59 before taxes. That's two bucks a stick! I said no and walked out.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:46 pm I'm a fan of the GyV English Coronas in the brown tubes. Been a while, but they were always a good smoke. Good mouth feel, plenty of smoke.

I ran into a local discount beer place this evening to grab a 5 pack of William Penn Braves. They're up to $9.59 before taxes. That's two bucks a stick! I said no and walked out.
$2.00 a stick for a Wm. Penn is about $1.66 too much. You were smart letting your feet do the talking as well as the walking.

Only a fool and his money are soon parted.

I went looking for GyV Miniatures, but nobody sells them within walking distance. It took about twenty minutes, three shops. It's a nice evening. The sun is just going down. I had nothing else to do.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:51 pm Image

I go to my moms pretty much monthly down in Florida . On exit 5 in Georgia , which is at the very bottom , theres a Chickfila and a B&M called Smittys that I go to on the way home every time . They have some OTC pipe blends and some MM cigars . So the last time I was there the other day , I snagged some GV Miniatures . Ive had these numerous times and like them pretty good but nothing too exciting . However , this last 5 pack was off the chart . Smittys is a busy place and they only deal in OTC type stuff . I dont know if what I got was super fresh or they changed up recently but holy shit what a nice cigar !!! Perfect humidity , a rea;l wrapper leaf in perfect shape .. excellent !

I like the small dry cured stuff too but Id pass on them for one of these in a heart beat . I think the 5 pack was under 5 bucks . The damn things should be 25 cents each but whatever

Ill buy a 5 pack locally and see if theres a difference . These were just perfect smooth and flavorful . If thats just how they are all the time , Id be very happy
Loosies.. :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

These little bastids are good