What Machine Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WMMCAYST™

Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

I had a box of Red Lion Cheroots about 6 years ago, I enjoyed them.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

montag wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:42 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:39 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:30 pm

Looks like those have also moved to the DR for production. Stateside labor isn't cheap enough to be profitable anymore
Well, at least the Dominican Republic is a democracy and our allies. The provide good baseball players, too.

I am spoiled because I can watch men roll cigars in New Orleans. I suppose I could in Ybor City or Tampa, too, but I can't think of anywhere else that it would be profitable. Cigars are a niche product now. Supply and demand, both in labor and product. They feed into each other.

Cigar rollers in New Orleans are a tourist attraction, nowadays. The biggest handrllled cigar factory in the U.S. used to be on Camp Street. Those days are long gone to the Dominican Republic.
I forgot about the cigar rollers in New Orleans. My wife and I visited the city the first weekend the COVID lockdowns were lifted. We had a grand time eating, drinking, and smoking a few cigars. The cigar shop, while tourist oriented, was an enjoyable stop as we walked around the city.
I don't know what you were thinking but there is only one place to stay when you visit New Orleans and I didn't see you there.

https://labelleesplanade.com. :king:

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
montag

Citizen B wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:25 am
montag wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:42 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:39 pm

Well, at least the Dominican Republic is a democracy and our allies. The provide good baseball players, too.

I am spoiled because I can watch men roll cigars in New Orleans. I suppose I could in Ybor City or Tampa, too, but I can't think of anywhere else that it would be profitable. Cigars are a niche product now. Supply and demand, both in labor and product. They feed into each other.

Cigar rollers in New Orleans are a tourist attraction, nowadays. The biggest handrllled cigar factory in the U.S. used to be on Camp Street. Those days are long gone to the Dominican Republic.
I forgot about the cigar rollers in New Orleans. My wife and I visited the city the first weekend the COVID lockdowns were lifted. We had a grand time eating, drinking, and smoking a few cigars. The cigar shop, while tourist oriented, was an enjoyable stop as we walked around the city.
I don't know what you were thinking but there is only one place to stay when you visit New Orleans and I didn't see you there.

https://labelleesplanade.com. :king:

Gorgeous. Your place puts the soulless, modern bnb that we stayed in to shame. I have spent the last half hour browsing your website. @##($.!! I need another road trip soon.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I am smoking an Alec Bradley Puck cigar--I am probably on my 20th box--while I ponder my destiny.

A cigar rolled in a Leiberman machine makes every day A-okay. These Pucks are about $45 a box and they come in a real box. I give the empty boxes to ladies I know as tokens of my affection. They tell me that they use them to store stray notions. I have never dared to look inside.

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.

I like the Pucks more than I like the White Golds. The White Golds have a Connecticut wrapper. Pucks are madero. I like a robust cigar that packs a wallop. Puck does not pack a wallop but, for the price point, I am not complaining when I factor in everything else.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
montag

Citizen B wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:09 pm I am smoking an Alec Bradley Puck cigar--I am probably on my 20th box--while I ponder my destiny.

A cigar rolled in a Leiberman machine makes every day A-okay. These Pucks are about $45 a box and they come in a real box. I give the empty boxes to ladies I know as tokens of my affection. They tell me that they use them to store stray notions. I have never dared to look inside.

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.

I like the Pucks more than I like the White Golds. The White Golds have a Connecticut wrapper. Pucks are madero. I like a robust cigar that packs a wallop. Puck does not pack a wallop but, for the price point, I am not complaining when I factor in everything else.
Hmmm. I may need to try the Pucks.
colorduke

Enjoying a Wm Penn panatela this evening.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Alec Bradley Puck Churchill. I like these. They have to be Leiberman cigars at this price point but they are worth every penny. As long as they keep rolling them, I will keep smoking them.

I prefer the Pucks over the White Golds. I wanted to remind myself why so I bought a box.

I do not collect cigar boxes. My back yard would be a mountain of them by now. I gift them. I am not going to tell you the whole backstory, but, I gave the White Gold box to my albino neighbor. I thought she would like it, being apropos.. I wasn't sure if she would take it the right way, but, she did.

I just left it on her staircase. She knew who it was from. She just thanked me. She likes the Puck boxes, too, which is good because I am not going to buy any more White Golds. I am from Connecticut but prefer a maduro over a Connecticut wrapper.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Bought a 4 pack of Garcia Vega English Coronas the other day and Im fixing to fire one up in a few :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

The English Coronas are great and i finally had one today . I really enjoy them a lot .While I was having it I stated thinking of how long its been since Ive had a Tiparillo cigar . Ill get more of these English Coronas driving to or back from Florida but I never see Tiparillos in store anymore , so its an online thing

The Three tipped Cigars I like . Tiparillo , white owl demi tip and Hav A Tampa [ but thy are pricey ]. I dont know why they quite making Hav A Tamp regular machine made cigars ... the Sublimes were really good . Villiger has a tipped type cigar and theyre good too but way way pricey and though no htl , a little rough compared to the others

Anyway , I dig the tipped cigars and i need to snag some again

LOOK AT THIS CHIC!! vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Enjoyed a Toscano Antico while I mowed the leaves.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations