Getting Ready!

Wildcat
Codger in Training

Spring has sprung and so have fuel prices! Getting Dottie ready for the commute. 70 plus MPG.

Anyone else dusting off their ride? You warmer climate fellas don't have to I guess, being able to ride all year.

I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Wildcat wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:07 am Spring has sprung and so have fuel prices! Getting Dottie ready for the commute. 70 plus MPG.

Anyone else dusting off their ride? You warmer climate fellas don't have to I guess, being able to ride all year.

Omg! That bike is badass!
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Tsal wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:26 am
Wildcat wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:07 am Spring has sprung and so have fuel prices! Getting Dottie ready for the commute. 70 plus MPG.

Wow, thank you buddy! I named her after my Gram. She was a wonderful Irish broad. I mean that in the best sense. She loved boxing, smoking, a good joke and the uisce beatha. She was a proper Irish Colleen and this is my proper Irish motorbike.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Wildcat wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:48 pm

Wow, thank you buddy! I named her after my Gram. She was a wonderful Irish broad. I mean that in the best sense. She loved boxing, smoking, a good joke and the uisce beatha. She was a proper Irish Colleen and this is my proper Irish motorbike.
That bike looks super fun to ride, be safe! I had an Aunt Dottie. 👍

Motorcycles are therapeutic.
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Tsal wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:00 pm

It is fun!
Yes, I try my best to be safe.
Dotties are awesome!
Great therapy!

It's a fuel injected single cylinder 250. Tops out at around 75/80. Smooths out at 65. I can hit the highway, but I spend my time on back roads. Big smiles "riding a slow bike fast!" A guy at work did ride along side me once.... Down hill, with the wind at my back... I was tucked in, head down, one hand on throttle, the other tucked behind my back. He said I hit 91. :lol:

She's a 2013 I picked up super cheap in '15. She was still in the crate. (I should have saved the crate for @Citizen B !) I took off/added bits and pieces to make her look older. Bar end mirrors and a cafe seat may happen this year.

A shot from her maiden voyage. She looked a lot different...
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

How many speeds? I used to have a 250cc Ninja, and I loved it, but, since when I leave the city I am in Louisiana, I rarely leave the city. I got tired of shifting from traffic light to traffic light.

I haven't looked up where you live on a map but I suspect you have more country roads than I have access. I miss curves and hills.

Mrs. King has her own bike, too. She is less a menace to society on the road than I am.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

I'm thinking about buying one of these.

"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Wildcat wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:34 pm
Tsal wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:00 pm

It is fun!
Yes, I try my best to be safe.
Dotties are awesome!
Great therapy!

It's a fuel injected single cylinder 250. Tops out at around 75/80. Smooths out at 65. I can hit the highway, but I spend my time on back roads. Big smiles "riding a slow bike fast!" A guy at work did ride along side me once.... Down hill, with the wind at my back... I was tucked in, head down, one hand on throttle, the other tucked behind my back. He said I hit 91. :lol:

She's a 2013 I picked up super cheap in '15. She was still in the crate. (I should have saved the crate for @Citizen B !) I took off/added bits and pieces to make her look older. Bar end mirrors and a cafe seat may happen this year.

A shot from her maiden voyage. She looked a lot different...
Looks great stock too but I like your flair mo betta!
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:11 pm How many speeds? I used to have a 250cc Ninja, and I loved it, but, since when I leave the city I am in Louisiana, I rarely leave the city. I got tired of shifting from traffic light to traffic light.

I haven't looked up where you live on a map but I suspect you have more country roads than I have access. I miss curves and hills.

Mrs. King has her own bike, too. She is less a menace to society on the road than I am.
Five speed. Six would be better. 250 Ninja, nice! I agree on shifting in the city. What is your current ride? Curious what Mrs King rides as well.

Plenty of twists, turns and hills here. Fun stuff.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

mrpipster wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:30 pm I'm thinking about buying one of these.

:thumbs: