New Zippo Brand Soft Flame Butane Insert

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Okay day one with this guy and as of right now I'm giving it a full two thumbs up. Drained whatever crappy fuel was in it when it arrived and it's lighting more reliably. I've lit 2 pipes and a brittle stick with it. Seems to sometimes take a couple of strikes to get going but the non adjustable flame is perfectly fine for a pipe. It's going to stick around with me.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

A few days in with this insert and I'm liking it even more. Breaking in nicely and it's reliable as a grass stained new balance weekend sneaker
Puff nstuff

This might seem silly, but I would love a photo of it with the flame lit, @Mr Beardsley.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Puff nstuff wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:21 pm This might seem silly, but I would love a photo of it with the flame lit, @Mr Beardsley.
ImageImage
Puff nstuff

Yeah, that looks good! Thanks!
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Quick tip for anyone who may snag one of these inserts : increase the tension on the flint spring. Makes it spark heavier and light more reliably
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:58 pm .... it's reliable as a grass stained new balance weekend sneaker
I have only the vaguest idea about what this means. It sounds like Heaven.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

So I'll revive this thread yet again. The soft flame insert is working amazingly well still and is basically all I use for a pipe lighter. I also will back off my earlier statement that the dual torch flame insert is a turd. Grabbed another on a deal and bent the little igniter thing down just a hair (as I saw on Amazon in the reviews) and it's working amazingly well
Jlando19

I just ordered an insert and grabbed this case for it. Ya know cause I’m tactical dude.

ImageImage

EDIT: After giving this a little impulse buy after thought. I really hope it fits. Lol.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Jlando19 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:10 pm I just ordered an insert and grabbed this case for it. Ya know cause I’m tactical dude.

ImageImage

EDIT: After giving this a little impulse buy after thought. I really hope it fits. Lol.
If it doesn't fit then go shopping for a zippo armor case lighter. They have some really cool engravings that will go swell with the suit you were mentioning in the dandy thread