Tinned Seafood (and other deliciousness)

Puff nstuff

We have talked about this in other threads, but since so many of us appreciate the delights of the sea that come in cans, I thought I'd start a thread devoted to it where we can talk about it specifically.

I'm currently enjoying some sardines in EVOO from Chicken of the Sea atop Kellogg's Toasteds, with slices of cheddar and a delicious Sam Adams summer ale. It's all making me feel very good. Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Tsal
Forum Decorum

We do have a boiled peanuts and tinned fish thread but I guess a dedicated one is better.

I like tinned fish and lately I've been on a tinned King Oscar mackerel kick Mediterranean style, sans crackers right out of the tin with a little crab fork.
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Puff nstuff wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:11 pm Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish.
You wait for it and suddenly there it is, your PSF signature. Well done sir, well done.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

No lie. I was reading about this automaton swan today and I was thinking of you guys. Tinned fish, indeed. Watch this:

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

I can dig this thread for sure!!
:awesome:
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Puff nstuff

Wildcat wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:42 pm
Puff nstuff wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:11 pm Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish.
You wait for it and suddenly there it is, your PSF signature. Well done sir, well done.
A capital idea, sir! Thanks for the suggestion. :thumbs:
Puff nstuff

Tsal wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:30 pm
I like tinned fish and lately I've been on a tinned King Oscar mackerel kick Mediterranean style, sans crackers right out of the tin with a little crab fork.
Oh, that does sound good; I'll keep an eye out for that.

There's a good variety of things waiting for me in the pantry currently. I have a friend who likes to gift me with canned seafood and most of what I have is from him. He's quite the gourmand, and I feel fortunate (and happy) to be his friend. Always good eats and drinks with my buddy Dave.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I had sardines in mustard for breakfast, hold the crackers.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:43 pm No lie. I was reading about this automaton swan today and I was thinking of you guys. Tinned fish, indeed. Watch this:

That's amazing! Thanks!
God and Texas!
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:43 pm No lie. I was reading about this automaton swan today and I was thinking of you guys. Tinned fish, indeed. Watch this:

Wasn’t quite sure what your link had in store for us today!
about 1/3 the way through the video
the music and narration led me to believe And I was sure it was going to break into a horror movie or something was going to go really really wrong

While I was somewhat disappointed that there was no creepy clown or even a black bear waiting in the midst
it was still rather intriguing 🧐