McDonald's French Fries

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Riff89

Julia didn’t pull any punches! Nobody likes a limp French fry! Thanks @Citizen B this was a good find. I don’t care for fast food very much but I’m a sucker for a good French fry.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Riff89 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:40 pm Julia didn’t pull any punches! Nobody likes a limp French fry! Thanks @Citizen B this was a good find. I don’t care for fast food very much but I’m a sucker for a good French fry.
It is an established fact. When they took out the beef fat they screwed it up.

Julia knew what makes things taste good.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Puff nstuff

I really liked McDonald's fries as a kid, but then at some point they started tasting very cardboardy to me. Now I rarely eat any fast food fries that aren't from In-N-Out - the best fast food fries EVER. You can see the kids in the kitchen slamming the spuds through the cutter just before they get rinsed and spun prior to cooking. Damned good fries.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

The shit they use to deep fry in is so lame these days . Nobody's french fries are that good anymore , at least anywhere Ive been
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Julia Childs was always my favorite TV Chef, she was always half in the bag. Graham Kerr too.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Tsal wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:50 am Julia Childs was always my favorite TV Chef, she was always half in the bag. Graham Kerr too.
He was always drunk. The Galloping Gourmet!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Mickey D still makes the best fries. Maybe the best of a bad lot, but still the best.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

In the fry wars I'm going to have to go with crinkle cut White Castle fries. I know most of you never had them because of where you live but they are really good. You'll have to trust me. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcat
Codger in Training

When I was a kid I worked at Mickey D's. They were good then. The corporation prided itself on uniform length of the fries. Long fries, no short stubs. This, we were told, was what the other guys sold. Not McDonald's.
Those days are long gone. I'm with @Ruffinogold , they're all bad. Bad and cold.
Maybe I'm wrong now, because we haven't been in a corporate fast food joint in years. Too many locally owned dives and joints with good food.
We won't spend our hard earned money that winds up supporting woke agendas and China.

Get off my lawn!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom