Whatever kind of butane lighters that are cheap and good

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Cheap ... Good ... Butane

Any bic , Djeep and a Clipper [ refillable till the flint wears out ] damn good . The old Bently lighter was Gods gift to pipe smokers , imho .. but its gone sadly .

Ronson make a torch lighter called a Jetlite .. Its like 7 bucks at walmart and they come in a half dozen finishes , though walmart only seems to get two . Mine is the one with the ace of spades type design [ because its high fashion ] . Its reliable as heck and I really like it

Ronson makes a Pipe lighter and I bought one but damn it if I didnt lose it in a hurry . While I had it , it was quite good and I was impressed

ive gotten a few cool ones at dollar general but dont remember the brands

SHARE ANY GOOD ONES YOU GOT OR KNOW OF .. i DIG CHEAP LIGHTERS
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

The flint is replaceable in a clipper lighter (pull up on the flint wheel) . You can even buy the flint wheel assembly in case you were to wear it out.

My wife has picked up a few of these for me and they work well. A couple of them are refillable too

Crocs handy lighter
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Clippers here . . . gave up high priced fire many years past.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:14 am The flint is replaceable in a clipper lighter (pull up on the flint wheel) . You can even buy the flint wheel assembly in case you were to wear it out.

My wife has picked up a few of these for me and they work well. A couple of them are refillable too

Crocs handy lighter
No shit .. so , its like the old bentlys . Too cool man , thanks . I should have checked to see if they lifted up but I just assumed they didnt

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:23 pm Cheap ... Good ... Butane

Any bic , Djeep and a Clipper [ refillable till the flint wears out ] damn good . The old Bently lighter was Gods gift to pipe smokers , imho .. but its gone sadly .

Ronson make a torch lighter called a Jetlite .. Its like 7 bucks at walmart and they come in a half dozen finishes , though walmart only seems to get two . Mine is the one with the ace of spades type design [ because its high fashion ] . Its reliable as heck and I really like it

Ronson makes a Pipe lighter and I bought one but damn it if I didnt lose it in a hurry . While I had it , it was quite good and I was impressed

ive gotten a few cool ones at dollar general but dont remember the brands

SHARE ANY GOOD ONES YOU GOT OR KNOW OF .. i DIG CHEAP LIGHTERS
If the Clipper is refillable and the flints can be replaced, I might have to give one a try as a pocket lighter...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Puff nstuff

They make an all metal version of the Clipper that looks pretty nice and comes with a case that could maybe be repurposed for carrying bulk tobacco or other goodies.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/CLIPPER-META ... /652189792
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Puff nstuff wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:34 am They make an all metal version of the Clipper that looks pretty nice and comes with a case that could maybe be repurposed for carrying bulk tobacco or other goodies.

The all metal ones are really great. I have one in stainless and one in the "plaid pattern"
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronson's JetLite is a good lighter. That used to be my go-to butane.

I can't be bothered by butane anymore, man. I've gone totally zippo.

I do not smoke away from home so my zippo sits on my desk at the ready when I am ready to light up.

I am trying to think what I used when I smoked cigarettes. Probably a Bic. Convenience has its merits.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:31 am
Puff nstuff wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:34 am They make an all metal version of the Clipper that looks pretty nice and comes with a case that could maybe be repurposed for carrying bulk tobacco or other goodies.

The all metal ones are really great. I have one in stainless and one in the "plaid pattern"
I don't know what you mean by 'plaid.' Can you take a photo? I am intrigured. Did you buy it at WalMart?

I rarely go to WalMart and, when I do, I never visit the tobacco section. Maybe I am missing something.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:42 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:31 am

I don't know what you mean by 'plaid.' Can you take a photo? I am intrigured. Did you buy it at WalMart?

I rarely go to WalMart and, when I do, I never visit the tobacco section. Maybe I am missing something.
I didn't see this while I was still outside so I downloaded a picture instead. And a link as well.

CLIPPER Butane Refillable Classic Retro Bronze Metal Lighter - Limited Edition - (Plaid Pattern)