Kinda drained but still kinda sloppy
No votes
I don’t drain tuna because I’m a disgusting person who likes to eat gross stuff
No votes

Total votes: 12
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronv69 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:04 am
Citizen B wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:27 pm I probably shouldn't be telling you this, but I am happy to just eat it straight out of the can if it is packed in water. I drain the water, even though that is where all the vitamins are. It tastes too fishy.

I prefer tuna in olive oil. I put that in a bowl and the only thing I might add is a handful of capers and some cracked black pepper. I soak up the oil with a piece of bread.
I like the little cans packed in olive oil too. Straight from the can with Fritos.
Plain or the chili cheese? I a weakness for the chili cheese. Mrs. King complains when I bring them home, saying I don't need to be eating garbage. She is out of the house until Friday. When the cat is away, the mouse eats tuna and Fritos. :o
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:31 am
Ronv69 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:04 am
Citizen B wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:27 pm I probably shouldn't be telling you this, but I am happy to just eat it straight out of the can if it is packed in water. I drain the water, even though that is where all the vitamins are. It tastes too fishy.

I prefer tuna in olive oil. I put that in a bowl and the only thing I might add is a handful of capers and some cracked black pepper. I soak up the oil with a piece of bread.
I like the little cans packed in olive oil too. Straight from the can with Fritos.
Plain or the chili cheese? I a weakness for the chili cheese. Mrs. King complains when I bring them home, saying I don't need to be eating garbage. She is out of the house until Friday. When the cat is away, the mouse eats tuna and Fritos. :o
Usually regular, but I do occasionally like the chili cheese.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

The flavor applied to the Chili Cheese Fritos is more subtle than most chip coatings. I can't stand Doritos powder.
God and Texas!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronv69 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:02 pm The flavor applied to the Chili Cheese Fritos is more subtle than most chip coatings. I can't stand Doritos powder.
I only noticed, I don't study these things, but, based on the timestamps of your last two posts, you thought about that for half an hour before you decided it was worth sharing. A tip of my fedora your way. Thank you.

I am not Rain Man, I just happened to notice as I scrolled down.

I agree. I have never understood the appeal of Doritos. They have too much flavor.

I don't think they make Taco Doritos anymore. They might be nice with tuna fish.... I will have to check at the store tomorrow.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
kschatey

My egg salad can get pretty creative. Tuna salad is typically the traditional tuna, mayo, salt and pepper, and then whatever I feel like adding filler/spice-wise. Today it was that plus chopped red peppers and capers.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Crunched Chili Cheese Fritos mixed with the tuna?
God and Texas!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:57 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:06 pm @Tsal and @Kevin Keith you guys should try the Famous Dave's devils spit pickle chips. Sweet but have a decent kick.

I'm a big fan of fresh jalapeno slices with fish. Especially on the rare occasion that I have sushi. That bit of spice opens up the flavors big time
They were out of the Devil’s Spit but I got these.
Ok, I ate some if these yesterday and they are def not spicy. But they are good b&b chips. Keeping my eyes peeled for the devils spit.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Puff nstuff

Ronv69 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:51 pm Crunched Chili Cheese Fritos mixed with the tuna?
I too have a serious weakness for Fritos - especially the chiili cheese ones, but it had never occurred to me to eat them with tuna straight from the can. Hmmm...
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Ronv69
Founding Member

Puff nstuff wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:40 am
Ronv69 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:51 pm Crunched Chili Cheese Fritos mixed with the tuna?
I too have a serious weakness for Fritos - especially the chiili cheese ones, but it had never occurred to me to eat them with tuna straight from the can. Hmmm...
It's a surprisingly good combination.
God and Texas!
kschatey

Many times it's just skipjack or albacore tuna steak dumped out of the can topped with random spice from the drawer and a dollop of mayo.