BSU Local #1 Membership Drive

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Wildcat wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:31 am Image
You’re very in now. As a matter of fact, I think you’re our president!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

We might need. BSU Local #1 month added to SMOPEAS just to make that our banner!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:19 pm As a union, we offer protection from all harassment by people who think our pipes stink.
I am copying and pasting this beautiful sentiment for posterity's sake.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:59 pm

We might need. BSU Local #1 month added to SMOPEAS just to make that our banner!
June is right around the corner
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:03 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:59 pm

June is right around the corner

June is only two days away. Bowl-Sniffing Month! Hooray!

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

So, I was looking for this thread because I was thinking of joining, but, I couldn't find it. I was in the Pipe forum since, like, the whole point of the union is to join like-minded pipe smokers who enjoy, well, the bowls of their pipes.

Why is this in the Off Topic forum? This is why there aren't more members--- No one can find it.

If you want some real hot on-topic action in the Off Topic forum, you should check out the poll about pocket combs. That thread is sizzling.

What's the application criteria, here? I need to take a picture of myself sniffing a bowl?

I usually enjoy my pipes and cigars alone, in the company of my own pleasant thoughts and daydreams. That's why I have always liked Nightcap. There is rarely anyone around to snap a photo. I also don't normally sniff my bowl for enjoyment.

I don't do a lot of things that dogs do.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Citizen B wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:43 pm So, I was looking for this thread because I was thinking of joining, but, I couldn't find it. I was in the Pipe forum since, like, the whole point of the union is to join like-minded pipe smokers who enjoy, well, the bowls of their pipes.

Why is this in the Off Topic forum? This is why there aren't more members--- No one can find it.

If you want some real hot on-topic action in the Off Topic forum, you should check out the poll about pocket combs. That thread is sizzling.

What's the application criteria, here? I need to take a picture of myself sniffing a bowl?

I usually enjoy my pipes and cigars alone, in the company of my own pleasant thoughts and daydreams. That's why I have always liked Nightcap. There is rarely anyone around to snap a photo. I also don't normally sniff my bowl for enjoyment.

I don't do a lot of things that dogs do.
Yes, the application is implied and accepted upon your posting a photo of you sniffing your pipe bowl.

It’s here in Off Topic because it is folderol.

Bow-wow.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:23 pm.
Good word, folderol. I like it.

So in the spirit of codswallop, some synonyms for folderol, codswallop being a terrific one, are presented below. One more service of the BSU.

applesauce [slang], balderdash, baloney (also boloney), beans, bilge, blah (also blah-blah), blarney, blather, blatherskite, blither, bosh, bull [slang], bunk, bunkum (or buncombe), claptrap, codswallop [British], crapola [slang], crock, drivel, drool, fiddle, fiddle-faddle, fiddlesticks, flannel [British], flapdoodle, folly, foolishness, fudge, garbage, guff, hogwash, hokeypokey, hokum, hoodoo, hooey, horsefeathers [slang], humbug, humbuggery, jazz, malarkey (also malarky), moonshine, muck, nerts [slang], nonsense, nuts, piffle, poppycock, punk, rot, rubbish, senselessness, silliness, slush, stupidity, taradiddle (or tarradiddle), tommyrot, tosh, trash, trumpery, twaddle

Words Related to folderol

absurdity, asininity, fatuity, foolery, idiocy, imbecility, inaneness, inanity, insanity, kookiness, lunacy
absurdness, craziness, madness, witlessness
hoity-toity, monkey business, monkeyshine(s), shenanigan(s), tomfoolery
gas, hot air, rigmarole (also rigamarole)
double-talk, greek, hocus-pocus
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:05 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:23 pm.
Good word, folderol. I like it.

So in the spirit of codswallop, some synonyms for folderol, codswallop being a terrific one, are presented below. One more service of the BSU.

applesauce [slang], balderdash, baloney (also boloney), beans, bilge, blah (also blah-blah), blarney, blather, blatherskite, blither, bosh, bull [slang], bunk, bunkum (or buncombe), claptrap, codswallop [British], crapola [slang], crock, drivel, drool, fiddle, fiddle-faddle, fiddlesticks, flannel [British], flapdoodle, folly, foolishness, fudge, garbage, guff, hogwash, hokeypokey, hokum, hoodoo, hooey, horsefeathers [slang], humbug, humbuggery, jazz, malarkey (also malarky), moonshine, muck, nerts [slang], nonsense, nuts, piffle, poppycock, punk, rot, rubbish, senselessness, silliness, slush, stupidity, taradiddle (or tarradiddle), tommyrot, tosh, trash, trumpery, twaddle

Words Related to folderol

absurdity, asininity, fatuity, foolery, idiocy, imbecility, inaneness, inanity, insanity, kookiness, lunacy
absurdness, craziness, madness, witlessness
hoity-toity, monkey business, monkeyshine(s), shenanigan(s), tomfoolery
gas, hot air, rigmarole (also rigamarole)
double-talk, greek, hocus-pocus
I always spell it 'nurtz.' Tomato, tomato.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I can’t believe that we don’t have more bowl sniffers in this group. All you need to do is to take a picture of you sniffing your pipe. Be a good union man and join today!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!