19%
No, I shave my head specifically so I don’t have to comb my hair
13%
Sometimes, depends on the situation
25%

Total votes: 16
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I changed my mind on the staid Kent comb. I decided to live dangerously, as is my usual way. https://smile.amazon.com/Rhode-Island-N ... 164&sr=8-8
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:47 pm I changed my mind on the staid Kent comb. I decided to live dangerously, as is my usual way. https://smile.amazon.com/Rhode-Island-N ... 164&sr=8-8
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:58 pm
The only thing missing is a girlfriend who plays in a jug band...

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:02 pm

Hee Haw's All Jug Band! Listen to the ending! Talk about double D entendre!

As for your missing Jug Band girlfriend, Mrs. Cat is spoken for. However, she and the rest of the BSU Ladies Auxiliary Jug Band, aka The Broads With Jugs, are available for weddings, bar and bat mitzvahs, ship christenings, store openings and closings, as well as playing the owners of Bed and Breakfasts, in and out, mornings and nights. They don't come cheap, good women never do. Call 1-800- TOP-HEVY for rates and availability.

BSU. Climbing mountains to get to the bottom since not too long ago.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:24 pm

As for your missing Jug Band girlfriend, Mrs. Cat is spoken for. However, she and the rest of the BSU Ladies Auxiliary Jug Band, aka The Broads With Jugs, are available for weddings, bar and bat mitzvahs, ship christenings, store openings and closings, as well as playing the owners of Bed and Breakfasts, in and out, mornings and nights. They don't come cheap, good women never do. Call 1-800- TOP-HEVY for rates and availability.

Where do the BSU Ladies Auxillary Jug Band practice? At a place that always has a wide selection of reliable combs behind the cash register.

You go to gas up and, maybe, pick up a comb and a slush puppy, or anything else you might need on the road. You stay for the music.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:07 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:58 am For guys with heavy beards (like me) this comb is what I use
Chicago Comb Model 8 Carbon Fiber, Made in USA, Anti-static, Detangling & Shower comb, adds Lift & Volume, 8.5 inches (21.5 cm) long
I do need something better after breaking the last one, damn plastic things charge my beard up and there's a few oddball dead straight hairs that like to make an appearance. Lost my mustace comb, used to keep it in the fifth pocket, now I keep eating the corners accidentally if not regularly trimmed. I vote yes for hygiene, combs count.
I was using a Kent in my beard until it snapped off at the handle while combing through it. The Chicago I use has a much coarser spacing on the teeth but as thick as my beard is it's a good one.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:10 pm
Wildcat wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:24 pm

Where do the BSU Ladies Auxillary Jug Band practice? At a place that always has a wide selection of reliable combs behind the cash register.

You go to gas up and, maybe, pick up a comb and a slush puppy, or anything else you might need on the road. You stay for the music.
Circle of life.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:47 pm I changed my mind on the staid Kent comb. I decided to live dangerously, as is my usual way. https://smile.amazon.com/Rhode-Island-N ... 164&sr=8-8
God and Texas!
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:20 pm I was using a Kent in my beard until it snapped off at the handle while combing through it. The Chicago I use has a much coarser spacing on the teeth but as thick as my beard is it's a good one.
I'll look into the Chicago, have kept it trimmed back in recent years but it's a nest and my version of trimmed means it's creeping down my chest again, need something coarse and durable.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

This whole thing has gotten John Prine stuck in my head, not like I need an excuse for that...

Well you're probably standing there, with your slicked back Brylcreem hair, your Luckies and your daddies fine toothed comb...