swell new tobacco jar

vwdeano

Been "antiquing" again... always gets me into trouble. Found this somber fellow, and he needed to come home with me.
A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

vwdeano wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:03 pm Been "antiquing" again... always gets me into trouble. Found this somber fellow, and he needed to come home with me.
Does his hat come off?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
vwdeano

it does, indeed.
A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

He doesn't exactly look like a man who is enjoying his pipe. What blend are you going to put in there?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:24 pm He doesn't exactly look like a man who is enjoying his pipe. What blend are you going to put in there?
I'd say it was intended to hold Mixture 79 by the look on his face. He'd be smiling if he was smoking Velvet.

Nice find @vwdeano !
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

That's cool! I won't guess at what he's smoking lol
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Hawkwood

Surely it depicts a Yorkshireman who's found out his favourite baccy has gone up in price.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Hawkwood wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:38 am Surely it depicts a Yorkshireman who's found out his favourite baccy has gone up in price.
Let's go, Brandon!

Heck, I bought a can of minced clams today and exclaimed, out loud, "$4.10 for a can of chopped clams?!?!!" I felt like Bonnie Franklin complaining about inflation in One Day at a Time.

Karen said, "They're minced, Mr. King. You pay more because you like everything fancy." I find that hard to believe. They mince the clams they can't sell whole or chopped---that's why they are minced. They should be the least expensive. They are chowder clams, as we say where I come from.

I would like a jar like this one. His sour look matches my outward disposition, but, like this sour Yorkshireman tobacco jar, I keep my happiness where it counts, inside.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:23 pm
Hawkwood wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:38 am Surely it depicts a Yorkshireman who's found out his favourite baccy has gone up in price.
Let's go, Brandon!

Heck, I bought a can of minced clams today and exclaimed, out loud, "$4.10 for a can of chopped clams?!?!!" I felt like Bonnie Franklin complaining about inflation in One Day at a Time.

Karen said, "They're minced, Mr. King. You pay more because you like everything fancy." I find that hard to believe. They mince the clams they can't sell whole or chopped---that's why they are minced. They should be the least expensive. They are chowder clams, as we say where I come from.

I would like a jar like this one. His sour look matches my outward disposition, but, like this sour Yorkshireman tobacco jar, I keep my happiness where it counts, inside.
Kind of how diesel is more expensive than regular gasoline but it is the cast off of the refining process.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:52 pm
Citizen B wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:23 pm
Let's go, Brandon!

Kind of how diesel is more expensive than regular gasoline but it is the cast off of the refining process.
I always thought is was propane that was a cast off of sorts . I thought diesel was a totally different thing ? Im just thinking aloud

That is a killer tobacco jar . The guys face is what it is because he is thinking ... probably about inflation .

I was at dollar General two days ago and a can of chicken was 4.29 .... not 2.50 like it was recently
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.