Historical Tobacciana

Puff nstuff

Today in a museum in Salzburg, Austria I encountered one of Mozart's tobacco carriers, a little oval lidded container made from silver and what looked like polished agate. The sign for it said Mozart was often gifted with such things after playing engagements, and that as an adult he 'enjoyed a pipe of good tobacco' on a regular basis.

Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Jlando19

Puff nstuff wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:21 pm Today in a museum in Salzburg, Austria I encountered one of Mozart's tobacco carriers, a little oval lidded container made from silver and what looked like polished agate. The sign for it said Mozart was often gifted with such things after playing engagements, and that as an adult he 'enjoyed a pipe of good tobacco' on a regular basis.

You’re in Austria!?
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Puff nstuff

Jlando19 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:24 pm
Puff nstuff wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:21 pm Today in a museum in Salzburg, Austria I encountered one of Mozart's tobacco carriers, a little oval lidded container made from silver and what looked like polished agate. The sign for it said Mozart was often gifted with such things after playing engagements, and that as an adult he 'enjoyed a pipe of good tobacco' on a regular basis.

You’re in Austria!?
Yep - family vacation. Daughter graduated from high school. Tomorrow, Venice! :D
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

When my daughter graduated, we went to Red Lobster. lol 😂
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Puff nstuff

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:55 pm When my daughter graduated, we went to Red Lobster. lol 😂
There were actually a few reasons for this trip, but the graduation seemed like the most obvious. Wife has been trying to make this happen for a few years now. We also have family in Europe that were overdue for a visit from us.
Ronv69
Founding Member

When I graduated I went immediately to work. Like the previous day.
God and Texas!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:50 pm When I graduated I went immediately to work. Like the previous day.
Same. Uphill both ways!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

That's cool! The importance of a family vacation is huge. Glad you are having a good time and stumbling across tobacco stuffs in unexpected places
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Say hi to the Von Trapp Family for us!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
CoreyR
Founding Member

I wanted to visit Austria, when I lived in Germany but never made it there as I had to leave the country suddenly. Museums over there have such interesting items. Thanks for the share