Post your cobs

Dr Watson

These are the other 3 I have: a Pot O' Gold Bent, a POG Straight as well as an Elf Cobbit. The photo sucks but at least, there's one.

'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.'. Frank Zappa.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

I received the replacement Old Dominion cob Saturday. It was just as blocked, no draw whatsoever, as the first that I sent back. I emailed tobaccopipes and asked for a return label and my money back. I could have removed the stem, and figured out the blockage, but I shouldn't have to. C'est la vie.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Wildcat wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:55 pm I received the replacement Old Dominion cob Saturday. It was just as blocked, no draw whatsoever, as the first that I sent back. I emailed tobaccopipes and asked for a return label and my money back. I could have removed the stem, and figured out the blockage, but I shouldn't have to. C'est la vie.
Take a blocked stem with a hunk of tobacco stuck in it and that’s what I had. I tried a wire hanger, no luck. I guess modern craftsmen aren’t as smart as the old timers. Adios reed stemmed cob.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
kschatey

Wildcat wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:55 pm I received the replacement Old Dominion cob Saturday. It was just as blocked, no draw whatsoever, as the first that I sent back. I emailed tobaccopipes and asked for a return label and my money back. I could have removed the stem, and figured out the blockage, but I shouldn't have to. C'est la vie.
I stopped buying cobs online/unseen due the the various issues. Even direct from MM is a real pain when there is an issue. I mean , they'll take it back, but the return shipping is on you in top of their already high shipping. Just not worth it for many cobs.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

kschatey wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:46 am
I stopped buying cobs online/unseen due the the various issues. Even direct from MM is a real pain when there is an issue. I mean , they'll take it back, but the return shipping is on you in top of their already high shipping. Just not worth it for many cobs.
Especially with reed stems. They just can’t get em wide enough I guess!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:12 am
Yeah you'd need a really long drill bit and a lot of luck to drill down a reed
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
kschatey

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:19 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:12 am
Yeah you'd need a really long drill bit and a lot of luck to drill down a reed
:lol:
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I got this one , and others , from a " bomb package " from @Chef Benny some time ago . Its pretty damn neat

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:22 pm I got this one , and others , from a " bomb package " from @Chef Benny some time ago . Its pretty damn neat

That's sweet!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Dr Watson

Here's an updated pic with all my cobs. They are all unsmoked, so far, except for the Bent Pot O' Gold, as I'm working on the Charatans. ;)

'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.'. Frank Zappa.