Post your cobs

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Silver wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:27 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:38 pm
kschatey wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:53 pm

Lemme know how that goes. I have 11 months to find a corndog for the official PSF Corndog month next July! :)
If I actually pull it off I'm sure it will be seen here. If I don't then it will probably still be seen here for a good laugh
There might be enough material on a Diplomat Apple bowl to get the shape you need. The shank could be made from scratch. Just need to find a stem.
Reading my mind sir. Reading my mind. I'd just make a stem from scratch most likely
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

kschatey wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:53 pm

Lemme know how that goes. I have 11 months to find a corndog for the official PSF Corndog month next July! :)
If I actually pull it off I'm sure it will be seen here. If I don't then it will probably still be seen here for a good laugh
There might be enough material on a Diplomat Apple bowl to get the shape you need. The shank could be made from scratch. Just need to find a stem.
The Diplomat apple would be a great candidate for Roxyfication!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:35 am
Piping Abe wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:27 pm
Wildcat wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:24 pm

In that style?
Here you go. Get it while you can! This one is an estate. But the guy that runs the shop is always on the hunt for Cobs I guess. I see new ones a lot.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1242648309/
Lotsa nice cobs there!

Looking at what he’s selling, I want to say this. I’ve had two reed stemmed cobs lately and neither worked very well. I like the look and the nostalgia of it, but the already narrow airway always clogged with tobacco bits. I always thought I’d like them but I don’t. Just saying. :?
I had to send the Old Dominion cob back to TP. The reed was totally blocked. They're sending me another. I like my estate reed cobs very much. I hope the OD works out.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Silver
Certified Codger

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:31 pm

Roxyfication - I like that! Might have to give it a try, myself.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Silver wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:19 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:31 pm

Roxyfication - I like that! Might have to give it a try, myself.
:lurk: :clap:
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Dr Watson

I recently decided to buy a couple of cobs to take with me when camping or working around the yard. I received a Charles Cobbler and an Emerald Green. Do you notice anything odd with them?

Can't say they clench very well. :lol:
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.'. Frank Zappa.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Dr Watson wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:54 am I recently decided to buy a couple of cobs to take with me when camping or working around the yard. I received a Charles Cobbler and an Emerald Green. Do you notice anything odd with them?

I don't notice anything really odd about them, but the stems look like they could use a little more bend. Nice cobs!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Dr Watson wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:54 am I recently decided to buy a couple of cobs to take with me when camping or working around the yard. I received a Charles Cobbler and an Emerald Green. Do you notice anything odd with them?

I don’t have either one so can’t say for sure but looks like the stems could be bent more
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Shove a pipe cleaner down the airway and heat up the stems to bend them to the correct level. Or possibly send Missouri Meerschaum an email and they could possibly send you some more bent replacement stems
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Dr Watson

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:16 am

Shove a pipe cleaner down the airway and heat up the stems to bend them to the correct level. Or possibly send Missouri Meerschaum an email and they could possibly send you some more bent replacement stems
I have simply returned them. They look too awkward and I don't feel like doing all that work on cobs' stems. ;)
I ordered new ones somewhere else.
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.'. Frank Zappa.