Post your cobs

Puff nstuff

Wildcat wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:00 pm
Puff nstuff wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:10 pm Here are my cobs - they are six of my total of 25 pipes. Numbers 2 and 3 from the top are as yet unsmoked. #3 is a Buescher that I got from Pip. #1 sees a lot of use.
#3 is killer!
It is a cool little pipe! The sticker on the shank says 'Brotherhood Old Timers Night May 1954.' It's got a hugely open draw due to the way it's constructed, and I can't tell what sort of floor it has - it sorta looks like there's no plug nor plaster down there, just chunky undrilled cob. Bone bit that screws in. I don't know if I'll ever smoke it.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Puff nstuff wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:33 am
Wildcat wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:00 pm
Puff nstuff wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:10 pm Here are my cobs - they are six of my total of 25 pipes. Numbers 2 and 3 from the top are as yet unsmoked. #3 is a Buescher that I got from Pip. #1 sees a lot of use.
#3 is killer!
It is a cool little pipe! The sticker on the shank says 'Brotherhood Old Timers Night May 1954.' It's got a hugely open draw due to the way it's constructed, and I can't tell what sort of floor it has - it sorta looks like there's no plug nor plaster down there, just chunky undrilled cob. Bone bit that screws in. I don't know if I'll ever smoke it.
Might just be a cob bottom for sure. I'd smoke it. Cars are meant to driven, pipes are meant to be smoked and paintings are meant to hang in museums.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Here are all my cobs. These are all I bought when I started smoking. And almost thought i’d never want a briar. My very first pipes were a MM Legend and an Eaton. I poked a hole in the bottom of the Legend while cleaning it one day and tossed it. I didn’t know it would be fine. So the Eaton was techinically my first pipe that remains.
And I forgot to add the hardwood at the end, if that counts. All pipes are exactly how I recieved them from MM, maybe a replaced factory stem is all.

The Country Gentleman is a Rusticob from Aristocob. He stains the bowl and adds some color to the shank.

ImageImageImage
kschatey

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:49 am Image
Haven't seen the "shuttlecock" shape before!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

kschatey wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:47 pm
Its a Great Dane Spindle, natural, and stained. This one is also filtered whereas the original is unfiltered. The original is in the bottom photo 2nd from bottom. This pipe was a special edition release for last years Independance Day.
kschatey

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:52 pm
kschatey wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:47 pm
Its a Great Dane Spindle, natural, and stained. This one is also filtered whereas the original is unfiltered. The original is in the bottom photo 2nd from bottom. This pipe was a special edition release for last years Independance Day.
Just saw the other one as I was scrolling back down through the pics. "Spindle" makes sense, but "shuttlecock" is more fun. Maybe that's just me though!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I’m working on it. TBH, I haven’t given this thread the attention it deserves but I will read and absorb every word and sincerely like every post.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:49 am Here are all my cobs. These are all I bought when I started smoking. And almost thought i’d never want a briar. My very first pipes were a MM Legend and an Eaton. I poked a hole in the bottom of the Legend while cleaning it one day and tossed it. I didn’t know it would be fine. So the Eaton was techinically my first pipe that remains.
And I forgot to add the hardwood at the end, if that counts. All pipes are exactly how I recieved them from MM, maybe a replaced factory stem is all.

The Country Gentleman is a Rusticob from Aristocob. He stains the bowl and adds some color to the shank.

ImageImageImage
Very nice. 3rd from top is killer! Purchased new by you Abe? When, if you don't mind me asking.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

@Wildcat that pipe I just got in June actually from Reeds Tobacciana. It was used but they sell new ones all the time.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Chef Benny wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:34 pm
kschatey wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:02 pm
Wildcat wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:18 pm I've given more than a few away, from aristocobs to Corn Dogs. A few show up here and there, now and then. Makes me happy. Anyway, stay tuned.
What makes a cob a "Corn Dog?" Is it the diamond shank?
I feel like a true corndog should be a bulldog shaped corncob pipe.. the bottom part of the bowl should be a V shape.Image
Ruh-ruh-ruh-Roxy!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!