Pickled eggs.

Jlando19

I was at a house party once upon a time where were grilling and drinking bloodies. We ran out of vodka and garnishes. So my drunken buddy made me a Bloody Mary with Jameson and put a hot rib in the glass as a garnish. I have to admit it was pretty good. I was pretty lubed already at that point though. Haha.

I haven’t been drinking much in the past few years. I’ve got a twelve pack that’s a little over a year old that I finally had one of the other night. I’ve got a bottle of Lagavulin 8 yr that’s almost two years old and 3/4ths full. It really has turned into a very once in a blue moon thing for me.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Citizen B wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:53 pm
Puff nstuff wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:49 pm ...what she really likes munching on when she's drinking a beer are spicy fried crickets.
This is the most California thing I have ever heard you say. ;)

"Instead of eating cricket legs,
You should be eating pickled eggs."

-Richard Armour. Or was it Ogden Nash?.
One has to draw the line somewhere. I guess mine starts with cricket chops. One of the many reasons I don't ride a motorcycle.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Everything is better with ketchup. I wonder if that is true of pickled eggs. Pickled eggs and catsup.....hmmm....hmmm....mmm-mmm.

What do you think?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:11 pm Everything is better with ketchup. I wonder if that is true of pickled eggs. Pickled eggs and catsup.....hmmm....hmmm....mmm-mmm.

What do you think?
Negative! Maybe a splash of hot sauce
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

:o I saw a huge jar the other day ... like at least a gallon size
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:32 pm :o I saw a huge jar the other day ... like at least a gallon size
Always buy the big jar. They don't go bad. You don't even need to refrigerate them. They'll keep for years.

Keep the jar handy on a shelf next to your pipe rack for when you are hankering for a nibble between puffs.

Pickled eggs are at peak flavor at room temperature, anyway.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
kschatey

Citizen B wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:11 pm Everything is better with ketchup. I wonder if that is true of pickled eggs. Pickled eggs and catsup.....hmmm....hmmm....mmm-mmm.

What do you think?
Hard boiled egg and ketchup is okay. Picked egg and ketchup? Haven't had it, but my gut says, "not great combo." I've been wrong before though.
kschatey

What do you think?
Hard boiled egg and ketchup is okay. Picked egg and ketchup? Haven't had it, but my gut says, "not great combo." I've been wrong before though.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:32 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:32 pm :o I saw a huge jar the other day ... like at least a gallon size
Always buy the big jar. They don't go bad. You don't even need to refrigerate them. They'll keep for years.

Keep the jar handy on a shelf next to your pipe rack for when you are hankering for a nibble between puffs.

I like them cold. Just like my beer
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:59 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:32 pm

I like them cold. Just like my beer
Gallon jar ✔️
Cold ✔️
But room temp is good too. I usually have them this way at work.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom