Pickled eggs.

Jlando19

Pickled okra was another really Cajun thing that I took for granted growing up. Can’t find that where I’m at.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Jlando19 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:05 pm Pickled okra was another really Cajun thing that I took for granted growing up. Can’t find that where I’m at.
We put them in bloody marys here. If not pickled okra, then pickled green beans.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:07 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:05 pm Pickled okra was another really Cajun thing that I took for granted growing up. Can’t find that where I’m at.
We put them in bloody marys here. If not pickled okra, then pickled green beans.
I've had both pickled okra and green beans in a bloody mary. Both are excellent
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:12 pm
They put strips of bacon in a bloody mary. I wonder why they don't put a pickled egg.

A chicken egg would probably be to big, but, a pickled quail egg? It's a meal in a glass, after all. I could see a pickled quail egg on a skewer in place of a cocktail onion. They're about the same size. It's do-able. Charge an extra dollar. [That's the businessman in me talking. Quail eggs aren't as cheap as cocktail onions, but, they are worth a dollar apeice, retail.]
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:04 pm

They put strips of bacon in a bloody mary. I wonder why they don't put a pickled egg.

A chicken egg would probably be to big, but, a pickled quail egg? It's a meal in a glass, after all. I could see a pickled quail egg on a skewer in place of a cocktail onion. They're about the same size. It's do-able. Charge an extra dollar. [That's the businessman in me talking. Quail eggs aren't as cheap as cocktail onions, but, they are worth a dollar apeice, retail.]
I had a bloody mary somewhere along the line that had a freakin slider on a skewer on top along with a strip of bacon, celery, pickled green beans, and olives. They're getting past cocktail and into appetizer now
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:09 pm

I had a bloody mary somewhere along the line that had a freakin slider on a skewer on top along with a strip of bacon, celery, pickled green beans, and olives. They're getting past cocktail and into appetizer now
That's a novelty drink for rubes. It is not a gentleman's cocktail. I don't mind a quail egg instead of a cocktail onion, but, there becomes a point when too much is, well, just too much.

Me? I like a sipping drink with a glass of club soda on the side and a pickled egg to nibble at throughout the course of this course.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:16 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:09 pm I guess its like pickled pigs feet ... I pass on those too . My uncle ate the hell out of pigs feet , they werent pickled .. he made them at home . He always tried to get me to try them . I just had old testament stuff going on in my head and couldnt do it . Its not like there wasnt lasagna around too

They got pickled eggs and pickled pink hot dog looking things around these parts in large glass jars at the gas stations . Sometime I stare at them awhile
Pickled eggs are nothing like pickled pigs' feet or pickled sausage, a pork-and-surplus-chicken-byproduct. Pickled eggs are eggs, wholesome and nutritious. They go well which a White Owl cigar.

Do still have one of your sons make YouTube videos of you doing improbable things? You should smoke a White Owl on your back porch and eat a pickled egg and give us a review. I am sure that will set this whizzbang of a thread on fire.

See what I just did there? I goaded you. You don't have to take the bait. You and I have equal measures of testosterone. We have nothing to prove to each other. I am only planting a seed in you head. Think about it.

Once you try pickled eggs, you'll never eat scrambled again. ;)
Pickled egg and a white owl .... ya know , a White Owl makes everything better . I may have to make this video you seek . I dont know if Im going back out today but if I do , Ill snag one . If not , Ill snag one tomorrow . I do like a hard boiled egg
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:22 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:09 pm

That's a novelty drink for rubes. It is not a gentleman's cocktail. I don't mind a quail egg instead of a cocktail onion, but, there becomes a point when too much is, well, just too much.

Me? I like a sipping drink with a glass of club soda on the side and a pickled egg to nibble at throughout the course of this course.
Agreed. When they carried it to the table I asked why there wasn't a sparkler shooting out the top too. The waiter did not see the humor
Silver
Certified Codger

Look at it this way- you can order lunch from the drink menu, and actually get food!
kschatey

I'm not a huge Bloody Mary fan, but I'd be down for one with a pickeld egg amongst the garnish!