Whip out the Woodies

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:19 pm Well I'm bummed. I was cleaning the kaywoodie handmade zulu the other day after a smoke and the damn stinger busted right off of the stem. Actually looks like a old injury that I didn't notice when it arrived. Not sure what can be done, if anything, so it's out of commission
Noooooo!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:46 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:19 pm Well I'm bummed. I was cleaning the kaywoodie handmade zulu the other day after a smoke and the damn stinger busted right off of the stem. Actually looks like a old injury that I didn't notice when it arrived. Not sure what can be done, if anything, so it's out of commission
Noooooo!
I'm so bummed about it that I actually had to wait to even post about it breaking
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:19 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:46 pm
Noooooo!
I'm so bummed about it that I actually had to wait to even post about it breaking
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Well heat and the ez out didn't do anything except for leave some nifty left hand threads in the bit of stinger that's left :lol:
kschatey

Wildcat wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:18 pm
kschatey wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:54 pm
Wildcat wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:24 pm

I'll be needing to rid myself of something now too, it would appear.
Oops, I bought one. I can't decide if I hate myself or @Mr Beardsley more for this...

Kaywoodie Rustica Scooped Pot Shape Pipe

That's killer!!! Love the angle of the rim!

Why can't Dr Grabow mix it up like this???
I thought so too. Definitely a bit different. It also has an oval shank apparently. Here is the description from the listing:

"Kaywoodie Rustica odd shape pipe, like a scooped pot with taper bit stem and oval shank. Carved similar to the Kaywoodie Super Grain "Hand Made" pipes but sandblasted as well. Last Produced from 1965 to 1967. Heavy line rustication, and the classic Chestnut stain (also stamped Chestnut), with a gorgeous blast. Silver Clover logo. 5.75 inches long. 1.52 ounces. Larger 0.87 inch chamber."
kschatey

kschatey wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:20 pm

Oops, I bought one. I can't decide if I hate myself or @Mr Beardsley more for this...

I thought so too. Definitely a bit different. It also has an oval shank apparently. Here is the description from the listing:

"Kaywoodie Rustica odd shape pipe, like a scooped pot with taper bit stem and oval shank. Carved similar to the Kaywoodie Super Grain "Hand Made" pipes but sandblasted as well. Last Produced from 1965 to 1967. Heavy line rustication, and the classic Chestnut stain (also stamped Chestnut), with a gorgeous blast. Silver Clover logo. 5.75 inches long. 1.52 ounces. Larger 0.87 inch chamber."
This is the other one that caught my eye, but decided to leave it for somebody else. I'm cool like that...

Kaywoodie Rustica Natural Pot Shape Pipe
kschatey

Wildcat wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:24 pm

I'll be needing to rid myself of something now too, it would appear.

Oh, I can definitely doctor up a Grabow rim with my band saw! Just send one over. ;)
Silver
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:20 pm Well heat and the ez out didn't do anything except for leave some nifty left hand threads in the bit of stinger that's left :lol:
Well, that stinks.
Silver
Certified Codger

Those Rusticas are nice.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Silver wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:27 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:20 pm Well heat and the ez out didn't do anything except for leave some nifty left hand threads in the bit of stinger that's left :lol:
Well, that stinks.
Yeah man. I may get motivated one day and do some precision drilling and put a delrin tenon in it unless someone like @Kwguy pops up and has a miracle fix for it