The August Brylon Challenge™ 2022

rekamepip
Codger in Training

Wildcat wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:04 pm
rekamepip wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:57 pm
Wildcat wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:43 pm I've never had one. I've looked at them to play along but never jumped. Someone shout out an etailer who can get me one quick like so I can be a playuh.

@Kevin Keith is on my last nerve and I want his monkey off my back. Helpabrudda!!
Search no more!
I gotcha covered

Just plundered my pipe stash found one and buffed it up real good so the natural grain will shine through for ya

I’ll pop it I. The mail tomorrow and hopefully you’ll be in with us cool cats for the Brylon challenge
Sooo... I'm feeling guilty.

Shortly after my post about the enabler known as @Kevin Keith , I jumped on Ebag to see what I could find on the cheap, with a location that would get it here pretty quick fast like. So I found one in less than perfect condition from NC, with a "make an offer" button and I threw a stoopid $11.15 bid on it. With $3.85 shipping it made it $15 bucks.

Then you sir, went and got all kind like you normally is, and I figured cool, great guy, nice pipes, throwin' a shine on it for me... I'll say yes. The guy will more 'n likely say no to my low-ball offer. I'm good.

Only the seller said yes. I feel like a jerk now. I mean I'm a jerk, we all know that... except for my granddaughter. But she'll figure it out soon enough poor baby.

So that said, I'm falling on my sword. I would still like to keep yours as it will have some meaning to it, as it's from a friend. Would you like the one off the bag when it comes? I'll gladly send it to you.
On a side note - I love getting good deals on eBay
It has been a few year now but remember finding a seller with a whole bunch of new old stock DrG Omega pipes and I scored a dozen of them for about the same price per pipe as a good corn cob pipe
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

rekamepip wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:31 pm

Search no more!
I gotcha covered

Just plundered my pipe stash found one and buffed it up real good so the natural grain will shine through for ya

I’ll pop it I. The mail tomorrow and hopefully you’ll be in with us cool cats for the Brylon challenge

Shortly after my post about the enabler known as @Kevin Keith , I jumped on Ebag to see what I could find on the cheap, with a location that would get it here pretty quick fast like. So I found one in less than perfect condition from NC, with a "make an offer" button and I threw a stoopid $11.15 bid on it. With $3.85 shipping it made it $15 bucks.

Then you sir, went and got all kind like you normally is, and I figured cool, great guy, nice pipes, throwin' a shine on it for me... I'll say yes. The guy will more 'n likely say no to my low-ball offer. I'm good.

Only the seller said yes. I feel like a jerk now. I mean I'm a jerk, we all know that... except for my granddaughter. But she'll figure it out soon enough poor baby.

So that said, I'm falling on my sword. I would still like to keep yours as it will have some meaning to it, as it's from a friend. Would you like the one off the bag when it comes? I'll gladly send it to you.
On a side note - I love getting good deals on eBay
It has been a few year now but remember finding a seller with a whole bunch of new old stock DrG Omega pipes and I scored a dozen of them for about the same price per pipe as a good corn cob pipe
I remember back when you were swimming in omegas
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Wildcat
Codger in Training

rekamepip wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:24 pm

Search no more!
I gotcha covered

You should probably get the one I sent you Tomorrow or Monday and I forgot to mention that you’d need to swab the bowl and stem out with an alcohol rub - I was in a hurry to get it boxed up and remembered that after the fact

No problem with your eBay WiN just clean that one up and smoke it too - everyone needs at least 2 space aged pipes and I have 3 🤣
You're a Prince!

I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ronv69
Founding Member

Don't worry buddy, odds are that you will be dead before she finds out. 😉👍😎
God and Texas!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I remember a thread from the old PSF. Brylon in a Dishwasher to clean it. I think it was @Kevin Keith who tried it. One of my favorite threads! :lol:
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ronv69 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:52 pm
You should write greeting cards!!!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Wildcat wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:07 am
Ronv69 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:52 pm
You should write greeting cards!!!
I do have a way with words, don't I? 😉
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:01 pm I remember a thread from the old PSF. Brylon in a Dishwasher to clean it. I think it was @Kevin Keith who tried it. One of my favorite threads! :lol:
I remember that! I believe it worked.
God and Texas!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:35 am
Piping Abe wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:01 pm I remember a thread from the old PSF. Brylon in a Dishwasher to clean it. I think it was @Kevin Keith who tried it. One of my favorite threads! :lol:
I remember that! I believe it worked.
It did! Top rack
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Care package from @rekamepip .

Apparently some things fell into the box when he sent me the Brylon! Thanks for your generosity!!!

Details and smoking later today.

Here's the one off the bag