Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I don't get along with their coffee anymore but their tea is awesome
https://www.communitycoffee.com/products/tea
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
kschatey

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:16 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:58 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:53 pm This is how you handle 100 degrees at 8:53pm. I dread the cooler weather, which should be here by January. lol 😆

ps I like a little tea with my ice
That's a proper glass of iced tea!

I recently discovered that you can make cold brew tea and I'm a huge fan. I used community orange pekoe tea bags and soaked them for about 18 hours. Best tea I've ever made
Yes! I made this pitcher outside this afternoon..."sun" tea! delish. With a shot of Real Lemon.
I grew up making and drinking sun tea and still do it, although now I add fresh mint or herbs (really good with thyme or something like lemon thyme) in with the tea for flavor as it steeps in the sun. However, I was explaining the herbs addition to somebody a year or so ago and was informed that making sun tea is now considered an unsafe practice due to risk for something or another. Really?! I mean, really? (I also drank plenty of untreated well water through a vinyl garden hose and I turned out fine, right? RIGHT?!)

Well, I promptly grabbed by pitcher of sun tea that happened to be steeping IN THE SUN and threw it at him. Definitely became dangerous then! :)

Just kidding about throwing my pitcher. I would never do that since I use and old glass Tang pitcher that works perfectly for sun tea and those things are like antiques now!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

kschatey wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:08 pm

I recently discovered that you can make cold brew tea and I'm a huge fan. I used community orange pekoe tea bags and soaked them for about 18 hours. Best tea I've ever made
Yes! I made this pitcher outside this afternoon..."sun" tea! delish. With a shot of Real Lemon.
I grew up making and drinking sun tea and still do it, although now I add fresh mint or herbs (really good with thyme or something like lemon thyme) in with the tea for flavor as it steeps in the sun. However, I was explaining the herbs addition to somebody a year or so ago and was informed that making sun tea is now considered an unsafe practice due to risk for something or another. Really?! I mean, really? (I also drank plenty of untreated well water through a vinyl garden hose and I turned out fine, right? RIGHT?!)

Well, I promptly grabbed by pitcher of sun tea that happened to be steeping IN THE SUN and threw it at him. Definitely became dangerous then! :)

Just kidding about throwing my pitcher. I would never do that since I use and old glass Tang pitcher that works perfectly for sun tea and those things are like antiques now!
Ha!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Nhsmoker

My drink of choice with a pipe or cigar is iced tea. To me it compliments the tobacco, cleanses the palate and just tastes delicious
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

kschatey wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:08 pm

Tea with thyme? I've never heard of such a thing, but it sounds delicious! I wonder if you could add some lemon thyme to brewed tea...
Hmmmm. I think an experiment is coming up...
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-