What Are You Smoking August 2022

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Jackpot in the tinymeer
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Silver
Certified Codger

2nd bowl in the self-made Zulu. This time, Haunted Bookshop.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

PS Cube Cut in a Lorenzo saddle stem 725

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

There's something in jackpot that reminds me of the rummy latakia flavor that I get from sextant so I went digging for a jar of something rummy from Pease. Didn't find anything (I didn't get too thorough with the hunt lol) but I did come across my jar of H&H old tartan so I'm burning some of that in the big panel meer. It approaches that same weird rummy lat thing for me
Silver
Certified Codger

GLP Navigator in the Dagner cob.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:21 pm There's something in jackpot that reminds me of the rummy latakia flavor that I get from sextant so I went digging for a jar of something rummy from Pease. Didn't find anything (I didn't get too thorough with the hunt lol) but I did come across my jar of H&H old tartan so I'm burning some of that in the big panel meer. It approaches that same weird rummy lat thing for me
By rummy you mean Rum?

Sutliff Rum and Maple w/ Latakia... You might have something there
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Jlando19

Popped one of these open. Tin note definitely has some of that figgy/fruity smell. I’m on my first bowl and I’m getting some sweetness in the beginning. Maybe a bready quality also. Has what I would consider to be a perfect amount of moisture right out of the can.

Smoking it in my Bones poker.

ImageImageImageImage
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Wildcat wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:24 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:21 pm There's something in jackpot that reminds me of the rummy latakia flavor that I get from sextant so I went digging for a jar of something rummy from Pease. Didn't find anything (I didn't get too thorough with the hunt lol) but I did come across my jar of H&H old tartan so I'm burning some of that in the big panel meer. It approaches that same weird rummy lat thing for me
By rummy you mean Rum?

Yessir. I have a real thing for rum on tobacco and have since I started smoking again. There's something really funky about it with latakia and it has flashes of awesomeness. I can't come within a mile of rum & maple without getting bit but I think it would work
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:30 pm
Wildcat wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:24 pm
By rummy you mean Rum?

Yessir. I have a real thing for rum on tobacco and have since I started smoking again. There's something really funky about it with latakia and it has flashes of awesomeness. I can't come within a mile of rum & maple without getting bit but I think it would work
Since "talking" with you, I need to get some blending perique and latakia
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Jlando19

Wildcat wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:33 pm]

Since "talking" with you, I need to get some blending perique and latakia
I think I psyched myself out of being able to smoke Latakia when it’s too warm out. I have some to blend with other stuff, just waiting on cooler weather now.

I know some of us are off the same opinion and some aren’t bothered by it in the warmth. It just seems more fitting to me in the cold.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.