New member (sort of)

Nhsmoker

I am from N.H. and believe I used to be a member here a number of years ago but stopped smoking pipes for a good while. I just recently decided to get back into the hobby. But just found out quite a bit has changed (no more McClelland blends) I really wanted to get back to a favorite of mine in frog morton but I guess oh well. I still have my pipes (somewhere) and still have some unopened tobaccos that I had cellered just in case. But nothing super intriguing. I kept some stuff that was already discontinued when I stopped and things I had never got around to smoking. I look forward to interacting with people here on the forum and look forward to getting re acquainted with some of my favorite pipes. Although my goal is to land a Boswell pipe as I always wanted one and never pulled the trigger so if I can find one I want that is my goal.
kschatey

Greetings!

I hear you on the Boswell pipe. I started in 2019, so I missed McClelland and lots of other stuff, but did hear about Boswell pipes early on. I was watching their site every Monday night for the new releases for awhile and managed to land this handsome devil. It has some really nice birds eye on the bottom, too. Happy hunting!

Nhsmoker

Very nice! I think I want a rusticated poker so I will keep my eyes peeled. Do they do one pipe every Monday or multiple or what? I love the size of most of the boswells I see and definitely need one at some point. I will be watching their site. If you don't mind me asking what did that beautiful pipe set you back. I don't even know how much the boswells go for but know I need one.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Welcome back from Southern Georgia. Boswell’s post multiple pipes that go up for sale on their website on Monday Night on their Facebook page. So you can get a good look before the rush. I’m sure they take commissions as well. Just give them a call.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Glad you are here!
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Welcome
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Silver
Certified Codger

Welcome from Michigan!
Middle Earth

Greetings and Salutations from the Springfield Plateau
Dr Watson

Welcome from Canada!
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.'. Frank Zappa.
kschatey

Nhsmoker wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:31 am Very nice! I think I want a rusticated poker so I will keep my eyes peeled. Do they do one pipe every Monday or multiple or what? I love the size of most of the boswells I see and definitely need one at some point. I will be watching their site. If you don't mind me asking what did that beautiful pipe set you back. I don't even know how much the boswells go for but know I need one.
They typically post 6-12 or so pipes every Monday around 7:00 pm Eastern, I believe. I haven't looked lately, but I know that they used to go damn fast.